Jet Stream vs

Jmort1754

WKR
If you were looking for a shell for the 30-50 degree range basically 3rd season Colorado or late second season is there anything comparable to the jetstream.

Looking for wind protection, light drizzle protection.

Would I better off going just with a rain jacket, I won't be doing much if any hiking in the jacket.

Just another option if youre looking to save some $ if youre mil/leo.

Under Armour is 40% off mil/leo right now. Im not sure if its 40% for first responders and the other options. But the Infil Ops jacket is essentially the same jacket as the Jetstream. Same gore infinium windstopper material. Same material on the inside. Ive owned both, kept the jetstream because all my other stuff is subalpine, but I actually slightly preferred the Infil Ops jacket because of the 2 way zips. But they are very, very similar. With the 40% off, its 150.

I am a soft shell and a jetstream fan. Jetstream is a solid Middle of the road soft shell IMO as far as function. Goldilocks zone of warMtn and weather protection. I have an FL catalyst. It isn’t bad but not as wind or water protective. I also have an OR soft shell with no insulation. It is more like a wind shirt. It breathes better and works for mild conditions. i just bought and haven’t used the kuiu axis this year. It is less breathable but I expect more wind/water/weather resistant than the jetstream. Size up if you go kuiu.

FWIW I am hunting Colorado 3rd rifle. Depending on weather my primary outer layer will be either the jetstream or axis hybrid (Colder, more snow).