Javelin Spartan Bipod Choices.

Jakerex

WKR
I’ve narrowed it down to one of these bipods. The question is, which one and why. Because I have expensive taste, I like the Pro Tac. But, never hunting with a bipod before, I don’t know. Are adjustable legs necessary? What height, standard or long?
I do plan on carrying lightweight sitting height shooting sticks for a shot that would require a sitting shot instead of prone.
Thanks for your input and helping me spend money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what I have found about bipods is….

The longer sitting length ones are useless unless you KNOW you are going to be hunting in a man made ground blind, or definitely calling them in.
To hard to quickly deploy and get right then get a shot off. The 6-9 inch you can just flip the legs down and be ready to shoot prone (providing grass isn’t too high) . When I need to go higher I use my pack.

for shooting from sitting or kneeling going to try Wiser Quick Stix this year which attach to trekking poles and turn it into shooting sticks. Have other attachments to to make it like a tripod.

TBass

FNG
Fist off the legs on the Pro Hunt Tac are way easier to deploy than the regular Pro Hunt. And I would highly recommend adjustable legs for hunting

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Fist off the legs on the Pro Hunt Tac are way easier to deploy than the regular Pro Hunt. And I would highly recommend adjustable legs for hunting

Agree, I hate those twist to tighten legs on anything. If adjustable legs are a must on a bipod, I’ll buy one with the tac legs.

Adjustable legs. Standard 7”-9” or long 9”-12”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBass

FNG
I personally opted for the longer legs. I figure there is a high likelihood that if I get prone I’m still going to need to shoot over obstacles like rocks and grasses.

I LOVE their bipod… but I have to say that those darn twist adjustable legs just suck and are always a pain to adjust