IT'S HERE! (Bikini+DT2) - and I have questions...

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Photo #3 right side: This shows the Patrick's original design on the right (no attachment at the bottom of the bag accept for the Delta Straps). All of the bags for the last several years have not been attached to the frame.

Photo #3 left side: The black plastic you see is a "Z clip" and will allow you to attach any of the Kifaru packs at the bottom of the bag and frame.

Photo #2: This is the Aron Snyder "red neck/ army method" (550 cord). All I did for this was tie 550 cord around the webbing loops to secure the bottom of the bag to the frame.

Photo #1: This is the inline chagne I was talking about (3 bar sliders attached to the common lops on the bag). We recently did this to allow for the use of the expanded meat shelf and you can obviously attach the bag to the frame with these same 3 bar slider.

I need to make sure you all understand that the bag was not meant to be attached to the frame at the bottom and this has not been an issue for several years. THe only reason for the inline change was to allow for the meat shelf. Some of the bags being shipped have the inline change and some will come with Z clips.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365810091053.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365810091053.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 181
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365810102267.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365810102267.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 181
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365810127767.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365810127767.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We have these clips in ample supply and they are going out with every pack we ship.

They are not extremely durable and are only to keep the bag attached at the bottom of the pack.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sounds good.

The other option is to order a few 3 bar sliders as well. You can put a small slit in these and attach them to the webbing. This will look like photo one when your finished.

cmeier117

WKR
So in your video where you were body slamming the highcamp and bikini combo, how was the bottom of the bag attached to the frame? If at all?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It wasn't attached in the video.

The bag is still loose when attached with the 3 bar sliders of Z clips. If it was tight, it takes away from the use of the delta straps.

I don't attach my bags when I'm in the field, as the bag is already attached by 4 compression straps and 4 delta straps, but we did have a couple people ask about attaching it and came up with.... (see photos above).

JLF

FNG
Aron,

What is the advantage of having the bag attached at the very bottom like depicted in your pics? I mean not that the old ALICE was "the" standard to dress-right-dress from but wasn't it attached via (one on each side) delta strap similar to the DT? As I'm reading this and anticipating receipt of my DT2/Bikini, I'm wondering what the mechanical advantage is?

When I see those z-clips, I'm reminded of those times when some of use used zip ties (as opposed to gutted/burned 550 cord) to attach our running gear/TA-50. Seems like two smallish black zip ties would be more durable than those z-clips.

Last edited:

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Aron,

What is the advantage of having the bag attached at the very bottom like depicted in your pics? I mean not that the old ALICE was "the" standard to dress-right-dress from but wasn't it attached via (one on each side) delta strap similar to the DT? As I'm reading this and anticipating receipt of my DT2/Bikini, I'm wondering what the mechanical advantage is?

When I see those z-clips, I'm reminded of those times when some of use used zip ties (as opposed to gutted/burned 550 cord) to attach our running gear/TA-50. Seems like two smallish black zip ties would be more durable than those z-clips.

There is no advantage to attaching the pack....IT'S ALL ESTHETICS. I've had everything from $3,500 spotting scopes too computers in my pack and have only attached it with compression straps and Delta's.

Zip ties would work as well, but you would want to make sure and cut them clean without sharp edges.

There is no advantage to attaching the pack....IT'S ALL ESTHETICS. I've had everything from $3,500 spotting scopes too computers in my pack and have only attached it with compression straps and Delta's.

Zip ties would work as well, but you would want to make sure and cut them clean without sharp edges.

I fully agree it is NOT a needed. I have about 100 miles on my DT2 Bikini already and could not be happier with fit, comfort, and quality. I have had from a days lunch and water to a little over 75lbs and never had an issue. I did just find a few 3 bar slides and might try them out just because??