ISO a WKR hunting partner for SW Montana rifle

Bachto

WKR
I don’t have a BOAL scouted out to hunt unfortunately but I won’t steal your BOAL. All jokes I am looking to see if any of you will be in SW Montana that wants to meet up. Right now I am going solo and coming from eastern WA. I have an elk and deer tag but I am really wanting to fill my elk tag.

I am 27 and not afraid to get after it. I have a spot scouted/area in mind that I hunted near during archery season. I will be there November 11th to the 15th maybe the 16th.

Shoot me a PM and we can chat about it more.

S.Clancy

WKR
I'm curious how you did. We killed 2 elk down there a couple weeks ago with 12-16" of snow on the ground, but they got nuked on after we left again. You prob needed skis to get anywhere.

Mikido

WKR
Wicked Killing Rifle = WKR (He is asking to borrow someone's gun)

Bullet On A Line = BOAL (He is saying, in slang terms, that he doesn't have a shooting position picked out yet and won't steal yours)
Pretty good

ewade07

WKR
I'm curious how you did. We killed 2 elk down there a couple weeks ago with 12-16" of snow on the ground, but they got nuked on after we left again. You prob needed skis to get anywhere.
....should have been three cuz.

OP
Bachto

Bachto

WKR
Nice work! How was the snow situation down there? Doesn't look too bad wherever you shot that bull.
It was pretty "drifty". there were some areas the snow blew into drifts and up to my knees. Most areas were in the 4 to 6 inches range.

OP
Bachto

Bachto

WKR
I started the weekend hunting that high and I wasn't finding the amount of elk sign I was looking for. So I went lower to 6000' ish feet to look for deer and explore a new area when I found the herd this guy was in. I wasn't really expecting to find many elk there but it worked out. I didn't ever see a deer on public land in the 3 days I hunted.