Is the Sitka Ambient a must have?

OP
E
I love love love it. I usually rock a heavyweight hoody or the core 330 as a base, when it gets chilly I’ll put the ambient over and they covers alot of situations and then he it gets cold cold I’ll throw a puffy over that set up or change it to a base layer, puffy and hard shell over top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep! I'm with you. I am a freeze baby so multiple hunts last year when it was around 0 I had heavyweight, ambient, puffy vest or jacket on under a shell. Just keep insulating til the diesel in my veins don't freeze right!? Hahaha

How do you like the 330? And how's the Weight compared to the heavyweight?

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
Yep! I'm with you. I am a freeze baby so multiple hunts last year when it was around 0 I had heavyweight, ambient, puffy vest or jacket on under a shell. Just keep insulating til the diesel in my veins don't freeze right!? Hahaha

How do you like the 330? And how's the Weight compared to the heavyweight?

The way to do it!! Haha

I love it, it is definitely a little heavier and warmer but still breaths pretty damn well. the full kangaroo pouch on it is a legit game changer, the feel on your skin is better than grid fleece (HWH material) in my opinion, the fit is a little baggier but not by a whole lot. Haven’t decided how I feel about the hood yet. I like the built in face mask that tucks in when not in use, it surprisingly doesnt bother me. But, the fit of the hood is extremely “athletic” fit if that makes sense. I get a tight hood but it seems a little over the top, but not a huge deal for me.

Last edited:
OP
E
The way to do it!! Haha

I love it, it is definitely a little heavier and warmer but still breaths pretty damn well. the full kangaroo pouch on it is a legit game changer, the feel on your skin is better than grid fleece (HWH material) in my opinion, the fit is a little baggier but not by a whole lot. Haven’t decided how I feel about the hood yet. I like the built in face mask that tucks in when not in use, it surprisingly doesnt bother me. But, the fit of the hood is extremely “athletic” fit if that makes sense. I get a tight hood but it seems a little over the top, but not a huge deal for me.

The Scooba hood thing isn't always the best for me
I have a bison head so it's tough, because I get that I'm not normal. But at the same time I'd like to be able to wear a hood sometimes over a hat lol