Iron Will Wides

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey all!

Looking forward to putting the new Iron Will Wide single bevel series broadheads to use and testing!

From what I see from past users of other heads I shouldn’t be surprised by their performance it seems!! More to come!

Anybody else using the new wides yet or plan to?
IMG_1042.jpegIMG_1041.jpeg
I am going to use 125 gr deep six heads with collars to see how they perform on the end of Easton Axis 300’s.

Last edited:

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
I use the wide solid 150s on Axis 300s. Haven’t killed anything with them but they shoot as good my Exodus full blades.

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use the wide solid 150s on Axis 300s. Haven’t killed anything with them but they shoot as good my Exodus full blades.
That is good to hear! What about at extended ranges past 50?

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
Group sizes were about the same out to 60yds. The only thing I notice is they are louder but that is expected. The vented ones have a whistle sound so I went up to the 150s just to get the solid version. I just dropped my inserts down to 25grs so they still shoot with my 125 BHs.

Haven't shot anything with them yet.. If your bow isn't in tune, you'll find out in a Jiffy when shooting these. A higher profile vane will cover you if your bow is a little out.

I've shot the wides with Max stealth and IW vanes. I assume the Max Hunter vanes will operate teh same as the IW vanes as they are the same design profile.. I shot the wides with the max stealth after installing new strings and at 20 yards they were perfect. I started shooting them prior to last hunting season but only had the max stealths installed and I was not able to get them to fly at that time. I'm gonna cover myself by only shooting them with the IW's and Max Hunters when the season comes around

Running the Wide SBR 135 Snyder Core System, 25gr HIT Insert and 25gr Impact Collar on the Easton Axis Long Range 250 Spine Match Grade arrows. TAW is 485 going 286fps out of a 75# Mathews Lift 33 at 29in draw. Digging the accuracy of the vented blades! Have not noticed them being loud due to the larger vents. KILLER BROADHEADS!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 5.25.38 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 5.25.38 PM.jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 1