Iron Will Knife Test ***Updated 3/16/23***

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
FB4445E3-40A5-484A-94DD-7411FCCFA3CA.jpeg
Will be testing out a couple of Iron Will knives.

The all new K2 Ultralight Skinning Knife that is black ceramic coated and also the K1 that has been around for a bit. (Blue handle has been phased out)

Each knife has its purpose and special properties and I am looking forward to testing them out this fall!!

Full review to come once seasons are done and plenty of testing has been done.

Stay tuned!

***Update 3/16/23***

Iron Will K2 Knife Review

Attachments

• FB4445E3-40A5-484A-94DD-7411FCCFA3CA.jpeg
    FB4445E3-40A5-484A-94DD-7411FCCFA3CA.jpeg
    329.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel15

FNG
Will be testing out a couple of Iron Will knives.

The all new K2 Ultralight Skinning Knife that is black ceramic coated and also the K1 that has been around for a bit. (Blue handle has been phased out)

Each knife has its purpose and special properties and I am looking forward to testing them out this fall!!

Full review to come once seasons are done and plenty of testing has been done.

Stay tuned!
Ready for the review

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good deal Jared

and FYI guys, IW put up one of the K2s for 3rd place in our Best Elk Photo contest

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
So far the knives are doing great! Will be fun to see how they are doing after 8 more animals!

Attachments

• 07C34BA2-8825-4254-8D74-73771AD2852E.jpeg
    07C34BA2-8825-4254-8D74-73771AD2852E.jpeg
    657.3 KB · Views: 94
OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Four animals done so far, many more to go. K1 & K2 doing work!

703C00F5-B728-4CEB-94F0-1C8E41BEE82A.jpeg4C4F4CDF-43C0-47A1-8FF2-B68EE77D9D0A.jpeg

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
have you had to resharpen?

What animals? all deer?
Two antelope and two deer. Wish I had an elk tag this year! Need to resharpen them now, they need it!

After the third critter I noticed the knives were loosing their edge, especially the K1 as that was doing most of the hide cuts and boning. The K2, which I use mostly for skinning isn’t doing too bad.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Two antelope and two deer. Wish I had an elk tag this year! Need to resharpen them now, they need it!

After the third critter I noticed the knives were loosing their edge, especially the K1 as that was doing most of the hide cuts and boning. The K2, which I use mostly for skinning isn’t doing too bad.
OK, so sounds like you can easily get through a deer sized animal without re-sharpening including boning.

OK, so sounds like you can easily get through a deer sized animal without re-sharpening including boning.
In reality, I don’t get much more out of the benchmade altitude… I’m really considering the little iron will knife… I bet edge retention isn’t much worse than the altitude, and I like a knife that isn’t tough to sharpen in the field ideally… the altitude i pretty much have to sharpen at home, and can’t get through a whole elk with it staying sharp.

I would like to phase out the tyto, but that means one knife I can sharpen in the woods or 2 knives I don’t have to touch on an elk

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
In reality, I don’t get much more out of the benchmade altitude… I’m really considering the little iron will knife… I bet edge retention isn’t much worse than the altitude, and I like a knife that isn’t tough to sharpen in the field ideally… the altitude i pretty much have to sharpen at home, and can’t get through a whole elk with it staying sharp.

I would like to phase out the tyto, but that means one knife I can sharpen in the woods or 2 knives I don’t have to touch on an elk
I have used Benchmade as well and they are similar but can get an edge on the Iron Will in the field easily with their sharpener.

I am certain I can get through an entire elk with either the Iron Will K1 or K2 as well. Used them on two antelope and three deer but were pretty dull by the end!

Big_wals

Lil-Rokslider
Great review! Sometimes I wish good knives didn't last as long as they do... its hard to come up with a good excuse for buying another knife when the ones I have are still perfectly fine. Lol