Insulated/non-insulated east idaho

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hunting east Idaho in Oct. I have a pair of la sportiva trango cube gtx and lowa hunters gto extreme. Checked past weather and ranges from low 30 to 60.What would you bring? The lowa def be better for ankle support but with the 200g primaloft might get a little hot. Thank you.

Jimss

WKR
I wear uninsulated boots all winter long here in Colo. If you want, buy boots 1/2 to 1 size larger. You can cinch laces with thinner socks in summer and relax the laces and wear a little thicker socks in winter. Unless you sit for hours and hours and it's around 10 degrees or less I don't think you need insulated boots. With that said, I have around 5 different pairs of uninsulated boots that I can pick and choose from depending upon if there is snow vs rain, vs dry vs hot vs active vs sitting vs hiking miles. If it's super cold/snowy and I'm sitting I may bring along my insulated sorels.

I don't require much ankle support. I always grab the lightest weight boots I can for hunts where I'm hiking miles upon miles each day. I totally HATE tall, heavy boots unless I'm in deep snow.

Not sure if that answers any of your questions?

Super tag

WKR
East Idaho is home, i don’t own a pair of insulated boots, never have had problems, don’t want sweaty feet unnecessarily, Ankle support and fairly rigid sole are more important than insulation.

OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I wear uninsulated boots all winter long here in Colo. If you want, buy boots 1/2 to 1 size larger. You can cinch laces with thinner socks in summer and relax the laces and wear a little thicker socks in winter. Unless you sit for hours and hours and it's around 10 degrees or less I don't think you need insulated boots. With that said, I have around 5 different pairs of uninsulated boots that I can pick and choose from depending upon if there is snow vs rain, vs dry vs hot vs active vs sitting vs hiking miles. If it's super cold/snowy and I'm sitting I may bring along my insulated sorels.

I don't require much ankle support. I always grab the lightest weight boots I can for hunts where I'm hiking miles upon miles each day. I totally HATE tall, heavy boots unless I'm in deep snow.

Not sure if that answers any of your questions?
Yes have me some insight on what to wear. I’ve only really worn my insulated once while in AK and they were money. They are on the heavier side but feel great.

OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
East Idaho is home, i don’t own a pair of insulated boots, never have had problems, don’t want sweaty feet unnecessarily, Ankle support and fairly rigid sole are more important than insulation.
That’s what I was thinking. I really wanted to get some wear outta the insulated ones. Love my sportiva tho. Thank you

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve hunted east Idaho into November. Uninsulated boots. I size up, and wear a thicker sock if necessary.