Install of Antler Limb Bolts

FredSG

FNG
Hi,

Trying to get an answer to this question.

I was about to add a pair of deer antler burr knobs to my recurve - never did this before - so is there a proper way to do it? Do you need to add washers and/or bevels from the original standard limb bolts?

If you don't use some type of separation (washers or/and bevels) don't you run the risk of scratching the limb surface when you tighten down the antler deer burr knobs?

Need your guidance on this, and thanks for any help!

FredSG
Modify message

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the little spacer is all you need. I lost one afield once in assembly. So I solved that by glueing green felt to the bottom of the antler bolt. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F

FredSG

FNG
any thanks for your replies. I feel kind of stupid. When installing my antler deer knobs onto my limbs I did not take into account the drop/hanging down piece on the deer knob - see the photo pointed to by black arrows. So as I twisted down the antler deer knob I scratched the surface of my limb.

Even using a washer wouldn't have helped (or felt strip) as the washer wouldn't be thick enought to offset the downward piece of the deer knob. Maybe I should have used the bezel from the original steel limb bolts as a thicker separator along with the washer.

Tim's deer knobs.jpg

Thanks for your replies,
FredSG

Oh man that stinks. Sorry to hear that. I was unaware they were offset in that manner. Maybe try a rubber spacer from an inner tube or something thicker. If that doesn’t work use the bezels and bolts or clean up the antler bolts some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk