Insole recommendation

Titan

WKR
Went through a ton of insoles for my flat feet including custom ones - found some 10 seconds flat foot insoles and they were a game changer. Immediately better. They don't force an arch, just realign the ankle.

prm

WKR
Historically haven't been a SuperFeet fan, but their Trailblazers have been phenomenal for me. The new Adapt Hike Max is a solid option too.
Can you describe any difference you feel? I’ve used Green, Trailblazer, and some other one they don’t seem to have anymore. I do like the Trailblazers. They do specifically mention moisture wicking and breathability for the Adapt Hike. My feet do sweat. Primary use is hiking and backcountry hunts using my new Crispi Kenais.

dtrkyman

WKR
I wore out a pair of super feet green, decent insole, have some power step now, may be better but have yet to really put em through the ringer. I have a pair of Oboz casual shoes and their insole is quite nice!

Last edited:

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
Seconded the super feet wearing holes in goretex liner.

I noticed the plastic heel cup starting to cut into the liner so I quit using them.

Wound up just ordering stock Zamberlan insoles for all brands of boots

It'd be good to figure out if your arches are collapsed or if you're just naturally flat-footed. If it's the latter you probably don't need arch support unless you're injured. If you want or need some the usual recommendation is custom orthotics or something like the SOLE heat-moldable ones.

For flat insoles the Spenco RX comfort insoles are thin and affordable, mostly meant to go under existing insoles. Amazon also has some thicker ones made out of EVA in various thicknesses (some RUN619 brand), just make sure to size up and get wide unless your shoes are pretty narrow.

If you have good health insurance go to a podiatrist and get custom insoles. Total game changer. My insurance gets me a free pair per year. Literally doesn't cost a dime.

Seeknelk

WKR
I will mention these since they haven't been suggested...

I have been using these for years and have them in all my boots. I initially took the insoles out of a pair of Meindl boots that I eventually wore out and still use the original insoles. You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you how long the original insoles have lasted, albeit with a little tape.
Anyway, I have used Superfeet green as well and the Meindl insoles are far more comfortable, IMO. I think the cork makes all the difference. They run large so you will likely have to do a little back and forth before you find your size-for your boot.
The customer service fellow that helped me with an exchange was mildly surprised to hear I was using these in boots other than Meindl. If other folks were as impressed with these insoles as I am, I expect there would be displays in every sporting goods retailer that sells boots.
The last perfekt hikers I got from them have the same insole EXCEPT they added a stupid gel pocket or something in center of heel, it wrinkles and causes grief in center heel for me. Especially with softened , damp heels. The change pisses me off if you can't tell 🤣