Injinji toe sock liners??

Are these all they’re cracked up to be? How thin are they? Looking for liners that aren’t going to snug my boots up at all

Anozira

WKR
I made the mistake of trying to run them with another pair of socks during a packout. I felt we were in a time crunch as the weather was warm and the adrinaline was high and I didn't want to take the time to pull my boots. I paid for it by loosing both my pinky nails a couple weeks later. I havn't used them since.

OP
Mdfowlman2
I made the mistake of trying to run them with another pair of socks during a packout. I felt we were in a time crunch as the weather was warm and the adrinaline was high and I didn't want to take the time to pull my boots. I paid for it by loosing both my pinky nails a couple weeks later. I havn't used them since.
Did they just make the boot too tight?

Anozira

WKR
Did they just make the boot too tight?
Correct. It made my toe box too small. I tried them because the reviews were good and I was experiencing heel slip blisters. I think the toe socks are intended for blisters/rubbing that occurs between the toes which luckily I don't experience.

mlgc20

WKR
They are pretty thin. Although not the thinnest liners I've seen. They are similar thickness to a pair of cheap nylon dress socks. Personally, I do alter my sock setup if I'm going to wear the liners. For example, if I typically wear a medium cushion sock by itself. I would usually go to a light cushion sock if I'm wearing the liner. I really like them and think they work well. I agree with Anozira that they are designed to really help with toe blisters. If you're just having issues with heel blisters, then really any sock liner will probably help.

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
They are thin but the toe socks splay out your toes giving you a wider foot print. Definitely try them on with your normal socks and boot before using them. I personally deal with the little bit more cramped boot because of how much the liners keep my feet dry. I run the synthetic and merino wool versions. Both really do work extremely well. If I dont wear them i can get some hot spots after a long day but when I have them on my feet are perfect.

I use the silk ones on longer hunts as I find they help move sweat off of my feet and give me a couple extra days of stink-free socks.

I have noticed two things -- if your boots are tight with just your standard socks, you're going to rub your toes especially bad while wearing these. Also, if your boots are too loose with your standard socks, you're going to slide like hell while wearing these.

It's a fine line, I pretty much only wear them with my Schnee's Timberlines + Darn Tough Hunter Socks, or my LaCrosse Alpha Range Air-Cir + Darn Tough Hunter Socks. Any other boots I forgo them.