Incredibly affordable nice budget scope

Hawkeyes

FNG
Most sub $1000 scopes are made in CHINA these days selling under many USA and other company name brands. For under $140 shipped with Amazon's guarantee and you are familiar with the $500+ Hawke Sidewinder 30 you won't need to pay nearly 4x the price for this one.

Alcance de rifle de 6,5-0.787 x 1.654 in con retículo MOA iluminado rojo/verde, rifloscopio con ajuste de paralaje lateral https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LLSJK8G/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_VM624R0CGC8CAR7DQBZG

The Hawke for reference.

It punches WAY above its price point and really doubt there is another scope in this sub $140 delivered price range that can cone even close to touching this one. Think of it as buying a $500+ scope for under $140 delivered.

OP
H

Hawkeyes

FNG
I have no affiliation to the brand or seller just sharing a good deal that's all. I really enjoy helping people save money.

I am already retired not necessarily by choice and have been through lots of optics from economical to high end and in between over the years and happy to share first hand user experience and comparisons.

Had decided to join this forum to contribute what I can with the extra free time I now have.

OP
H

Hawkeyes

FNG
In time everyone will see I am not attached to any specific brand nor dealer. What will become apparent is the recommendations at the best possible prices for any given brand. I'm a price motivated optics enthusiast and don't like paying more than what things may be really worth especially if they are made in China.

Thanks for the welcome!

Rob5589

WKR
What kind of testing have you personally performed?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Me? None, have never heard of them and was just curious how well they worked. Could be a decent budget scope for a rimfire for the price.

OP
H

Hawkeyes

FNG
I own both the Hawke brand and this cheaper Sniper version and they both track fine at 100 yards on a .223 Bushmaster doing several box tests after zeroing. If using them on a 22 RF they both parallax down to 10 yards or less if that matters. The cheaper Sniper brand scope looks identical to the Hawke side by side with different reticles and glass is better than average I'd say comparable to a Vortex Diamondback.

Axlrod

WKR
For me 25 Yd parallax is fine on a rimfire. I have an NF SHV and a NF NX8 on a couple rimfires. They work pretty good.

OP
H

Hawkeyes

FNG
The NF SHV is a nice scope I have the 5-20x56 illuminated love the SFP reticle but I prefer my Tract Toric 4-20x50 with German Schott glass for the same money which also has a 25 yard minimum parallax. 15% off law enforcement or military discount and they go on sale for 10% off once in a while. The Tract Optics punch WAY above their price point and also made in Japan.

Good deal right now if you like Japanese made and light weight for $999 Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x42 and $1199 4.5-22x50 both made in Japan with 20 and 25 yard focus at DVOR one day left for the sale.

I own both the Hawke brand and this cheaper Sniper version and they both track fine at 100 yards on a .223 Bushmaster doing several box tests after zeroing. If using them on a 22 RF they both parallax down to 10 yards or less if that matters. The cheaper Sniper brand scope looks identical to the Hawke side by side with different reticles and glass is better than average I'd say comparable to a Vortex Diamondback.

I am calling BS. You have claimed to own no less than 50 different scopes ranging in price from $100-$2000 bucks. In fact, when a scope discussion has come up, I don't think there's a scope you haven't said you own. On top of that you have multiple Vortex that need to be sent back to the factory.

The last bushnel scope I had was perfect for about 5 years. Then it started to drift between shots. I sent it in and it got worse . I bought a new leupold and my inaccurate rifle went back to being a tack driver. To me the scope issue is not the price but the dependability and the company behind it. I would be reluctant to gamble on an unknown for a cheaper price.

Will83

FNG
The last bushnel scope I had was perfect for about 5 years. Then it started to drift between shots. I sent it in and it got worse . I bought a new leupold and my inaccurate rifle went back to being a tack driver. To me the scope issue is not the price but the dependability and the company behind it. I would be reluctant to gamble on an unknown for a cheaper price.
I’m a newbie to this site, but I’m with you 100% on that one. I also prefer to just avoid Chinese products overall when possible.

hunt1up

WKR
Something about buying some no-name, made by Chinese kids, Amazon scope just feels dirty to me. Maybe I'm a gear snob.

So Amazon is going to stand by this high quality "HK" scope when it doesn't work in 3 years? I know they'll return your dog's food even after he poops it out, but I'm skeptical.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Tract Toric 4-20x50 with German Schott
Pretty sure that is not correct. Last i heard the glass itself is not from the German foundry. Its from Japan. If they were using Euro or USA made Schott glass it would be plastered all over their website.