Importing goat from B.C

bascott1

WKR
Heading to do a goat hunt in B.C in August, anyone have the info and regs on importing a goat back into the U.S?

OP
bascott1

bascott1

WKR
I was just trying to get ahead of the ball. I’ll be outside of Hazelton B.C.

Tmac

WKR
Not a goat, but my cougar was easy. I bet your outfitter has it dialed, ask them.

My guide/outfitter took the cat with me to a local taxidermist he works with. Guy knew what was needed, did all the paperwork, paid him and left with my cat. Border crossing was easy. CA didn’t care, US just wanted to see the papers and cites permit. Then one of the guys that hunts asked if he could see the cat.

OP
bascott1

bascott1

WKR
Not a goat, but my cougar was easy. I bet your outfitter has it dialed, ask them.

My guide/outfitter took the cat with me to a local taxidermist he works with. Guy knew what was needed, did all the paperwork, paid him and left with my cat. Border crossing was easy. CA didn’t care, US just wanted to see the papers and cites permit. Then one of the guys that hunts asked if he could see the cat.
Ok cool. So you were able to take it on the plane with you.

gerry35

WKR
I was just trying to get ahead of the ball. I’ll be outside of Hazelton B.C.
Cool, only a 1 1/2 hour drive from where I live. Beautiful country there and a good chance at getting a big one . Good luck, if you have any questions about the area and goat hunting just pm me.

Trial153

WKR
No issue flying my goat back with me from BC. Meat, hide and horns. Fill out the declaration at the U.S. customs desk and your good to go. If one of the agents wasn’t another bow hunter the whole process would have taken 10 minutes, but alas we shot the shit for awhile and he wanted to show all his buddies on the shift the pictures.

OP
bascott1

bascott1

WKR
Good deal. Was hoping it would be pretty easy and take it back with me.

I brought a Moose back from B. C. No problems with the US Customs at the boarder. Just filled out the paperwork and very quick inspection of the Antlers, Meat and I was on my way.

They were far more detailed inspecting my rifles on the way in.

OP
bascott1

bascott1

WKR
I brought a Moose back from B. C. No problems with the US Customs at the boarder. Just filled out the paperwork and very quick inspection of the Antlers, Meat and I was on my way.

They were far more detailed inspecting my rifles on the way in.
Good to hear it’s super simple and easy.