I'm pumped for my first AK wilderness hunt...and its not Sheep

ericthered

Lil-Rokslider
My 2020 Sheep hunt got pushed to 2022. That means my 2021 AK May Grizzly and Black Bear hunt will by my first back country hunt. My daughter "20" and I are booked with Jake Jefferson who Rok Slide recommended. The trip is getting close now and we are trying to get all the final details prepared. From gear, to setting up my Garmin In reach to "still" losing weight - it's all getting real. Someone on here recommended the Merrill water shoes and those just arrived. I'm nervous about missing 1.5 weeks of work with all the daily issues that brings...but I just turned 50; Randy Newberg says you'll run out of health before you run out of money. So I started booking hunts. The stock market set back last week didn't help. But oh well - I'll tell the wife to hold off on the Kitchen remod one more year! If you have any last minute advice on gear I should take, I'd appreciate your comments. We hunt May 11 - May 21. We'll post pictures after the hunt.

That was my first AK hunt also.Bring a jetboil stove so you and your daughter can enjoy a nice cup of tea or hot cocoa while glassing.Its a long day that time of year.Good hunting.

JB33806

FNG
Good luck and have a great hunt. The sun was shining today and getting spring fever!

Afhunter1

WKR
I’ll be with Jake in august hunting sheep. This is my first trip to AK. I’m excited too. Haven’t even got there yet and I’m thinking of my next trip. Ha ha