Illuminated reticle

bmart2622

WKR
Whats the preferred color of illuminated reticle, red or green? Looking at a Trijicon with the MOA reticle but not sure on color. Does one do better in low light and on game?

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have illuminated reticles in both colors. On a couple hunting rifles I have both color options in the same scope. I prefer the red personally. Even better if you can adjust brightness

My Tenmile has both red and green settings, I played with both quite a bit hunting in lowlight.
The most important thing is having the ability to adjust the brightness way down so it doesn't interfere with your low light vision, I found the green setting impacted my lowlight vision the least but that's probably just my preference

morgaj1

WKR
I think it is Ford vs. Chevy. I have a Trijicon with both red and green and find myself always using the red. But, you may like green better. Do you have anywhere locally that you could see both?

next time you're in a shop with some archery gear grab a few 5 pin type sights and have a look to see what stands out to you more as they typically have green/red/yellow fibre optic pins in one place to see what your eyes will pop best with, people have different eyes, most will find green the brightest with red a closer 2nd and every now and then some guys it's yellow that jumps best for them, I'm a green guy, red works well but if I can get green I do, and they say green best for daylight as well, but you can hold them up in a shop and find varying lighting conditions to see what's popping best at low light as well, end of day red or green likely to work just fine for you but now you know another way to figure out if your eyes have a preference

hiker270

WKR
I have both red and green. I prefer the red but I'm sure it's a personal preference as to which color your eye's prefer.