If you were going to buy a 7 pin sight...

OP
Super 91

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
Dan makes quality archery equipment, and this is an innovative sight! Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to consider it.

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My suggestion is if your wanting a 20-80 I would get a spot hogg 6 pin. Use the first pin as the 20/30 and the remainder 5 pins to 80. I just had Spot hogg add a pin to my grinder. .019 pins besides the last pin at .010. Been using this setup for a few years and accomplished what I was after without have a 7th pin.

OP
Super 91

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
My suggestion is if your wanting a 20-80 I would get a spot hogg 6 pin. Use the first pin as the 20/30 and the remainder 5 pins to 80. I just had Spot hogg add a pin to my grinder. .019 pins besides the last pin at .010. Been using this setup for a few years and accomplished what I was after without have a 7th pin.
I was thinking about this as well. I thought if I used my top pin for 20/30 and knew where I hit at 20 with it being a true 30 yard pin, then I would have one less pin in the mix. Great suggestion, thanks!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been using a 7-pin sight for hunting the past 15 years, and I have never once wished for less pins. I've sometimes wished or thought about a slider with 5 pins, but in the end my 7 pins work really well for me. 11 months out of the year the bottom three pins get used about 90% of the time, and one month out of the year the middle three pins get used the most. But they all have a purpose, and I'm comfortable from 10-90 yards at any given time, without any adjustments.

I've beaten my armortech 7 pin around for over 10 years and a couple of different bows. It's a proven commodity. Thought about going to a slider but can't find a reason to other than having something else to play with.

Used a 7-pin BG 2" housing sight for yrs. No trouble with it. Went to a 5-pin BF Ascent w/1-3/4" housing 6 yrs ago. Could hunt with either and be happy. For practice I do like the slider best tho.

OP
Super 91

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using a 7-pin sight for hunting the past 15 years, and I have never once wished for less pins. I've sometimes wished or thought about a slider with 5 pins, but in the end my 7 pins work really well for me. 11 months out of the year the bottom three pins get used about 90% of the time, and one month out of the year the middle three pins get used the most. But they all have a purpose, and I'm comfortable from 10-90 yards at any given time, without any adjustments.
I found a web-site that had the .019 seven pin head, so I ordered it. I plan to send my current head off to Spot Hogg and get them to re-do it to the way I want it. It is hard to beat Spot Hogg sights for sure.