If You Could Hunt Elk Anywhere...

...where would it be?

There's an opportunity that a company I am doing business with will pay for an elk hunt this fall to any place I want to go. I would like a free-range hunt with a good opportunity at coming across a true giant. Archery only please. Cost is not a factor in this decision at all- Where would you go?

Thanks!

Last edited:

charvey9

WKR
San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation. You'd pass on 375" bulls all day waiting on a "big" one.

That's where Mr. Brooks took the #2 and #3 all-time archery elk in 2012 and 2013...both grossed over 446"!

sneaky

"DADDY"
San Juan or San Carlos. Tough call, but if someone else is picking up the tab....

Bar

Banned
Do you want to know what you should do, or what I would do? You wouldn't like what I would do.

White Mountain Apache tribe, lots of really big bulls. I think they charge $20k for a hunt these days but they guarantee a 6x6 or larger.

SDC

Lil-Rokslider
San Carlos or White Mountain Apache.

Now, the real question - WHAT company is this and are they hiring?

dang, not sure buddy. tough spot to be in.;)
tip your guides well and focus on having a blast,thats a once in a life time thing there. treasure it.

WRO

WKR
San Carlos, there are also some really good cwmus in utah, or an lop tag in nevada.

JPD350

WKR
San Carlos would be where I would go as well, that would be a hell of a company to pick up that tab!

NVCHUKAR

WKR
Lots of good choices but the real question is how much are they willing to spend? Landowner tags in nevada range from 8-12 with 380" bulls in almost all units a few 400" bulls are usually taken every year. I think you get all seasons with that tag in nevada.