If you could go back and do your set up again.....

I was thinking about green, red, green on triple stack, but wanted to see how bright those .010"s are to my eyes first.

I wonder how much of the pin brightness comes down to the individuals eye and their literal quality of eyesight. I've heard the .010 are great, and from others they are dim.
I think they are plenty good most of the time, but they were pretty much invisible at first and last light. One morning in September I literally had to wait 20-30 minutes to start making a move on the bull I was after, and that was frustrating because he was in a good spot first thing, but I wasn’t able to get ahead of him when I could finally see my pin, I had good wind, he was about 75yds firing off non stop and he was over the side… it was a really good scenario but I had to just sit and listen to him cross over the ridge because I couldn’t see my pin at all.

Very rare for that to matter in my world, but it bit me that morning. Especially elk, I rarely have a shot opportunity in the first 30 minutes, but it only takes once to learn that lesson… more likely to have it be a problem in the evening.

I think a triple stack with.019 twice or .019 and 2 .010 pins would never be a problem in the real world regardless, because you can just dial in your top pin in low light… mine was a single pin, so the .010 was my only option.

DanimalW

WKR
No issues with the limbs at all? Finally sold my Experience after putting on it's 3rd set of limbs. Loved that bow thought I would never get rid of it but I got sick of repairing it
I just sold my Experience last month. Original 70# limbs and zero problems.

bigbuckdj

WKR
It’s been mentioned a few times but I have a black gold pro with the regular x wing mount or whatever. I prefer it to the dovetail. I also love having dual indicators on the sight. My center pin is dead in the middle of my housing and I use it with my top indicator like a single pin if I can. I always center the housing in my peep with my center pin. The second indicator is for my bottom pin, I use that if I need to at long ranges and practice with it.

I wish I got a longer back bar. I never had a back bar before but since I got one, I feel like I could almost take the front bar off. It doesn’t affect the way my bow holds near as much as my back bar.

I appreciate the comments in favor of the qad, i had a qad for a long time but I have a hamskea trinity now and I feel like I could hit it with a hammer and it wouldn’t move, I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
I've seen too many QAD (and ripcord) failures. Won't use them. Hamskea for me, movement and capture as compared to the narrower QAD design is a non-issue for me and I've used it everywhere from tree stands, to thick brush, to army crawling through sage brush. I would also consider AAE but I haven't used them personally (no need yet). If I had to use a QAD I'd sell my bow and buy a different one and use a Hamskea on that.

Luked

WKR
Have a few things I am going to change on mine.
I Have the Spot Hogg fast Eddie XL 2 pin. Its been ok but I think I am going back to a normal pin type sight.
With the way I hunt I just want more pins than 2 for game movement.
Quiver for me also will be changed. I used a tightspot this year. But with my Hamskea rest I have to run the quiver all the way up the attachment bracket or the cord for the rest hits the bottom of the quiver and throws everything off..
I will also probably take some weight out of my arrows a bit. Mine right now are around the 525gr range. I want to try them at about 480 or so and see how they do.
I bought a new bow last year a V3X 33 but could only get 70lb modules which I would prefer the 65s so going to change that also.
and going to get a good set of strings for it and get rid of the factory strings.

The only thing I might do differently with my setup is I would probably go with a QAD rest like my old bow instead of the Hamskea I have on it. It ain’t a big enough deal for me to change it out, though.
Why the QAD? I have always heard that people prefer the hamskea as I have it on all my bows. I like them. They are amazing and tough as they come. Never ever had a problem. Used to have a trophy taker and they have failed twice on me. The springs broke after so many cycles both times.

I have done a bit of transitioning as well. Jumped to Elite and picked up an Enkore. Replaced a PSE Carbon Air. My backup is still a PSE DNA. The SET system and grip on the Elite bows made me switch. The Carbon Air never fit my hand and I never got super comfortable with it. The DNA is fine, but jumpy with the CC cam. I shoot it great when I'm fresh. It's a handful when I get 50-60 arrows in. It's not an Omen, but it's an aggressive cam.

Dumped my Hamskea rest. When I draw the arrow jumps on the rest and that bugs the heck out of me. It also needs a hokey rubber arrow clip to hold the arrow when stalking. It's not secure, and I've been annoyed by it enough times. I couldn't find a reason to stick to the Hamskea (or any other rest) after I tried a Schaffer XV. Really like the way the Schaffer locks when stalking. Very secure arrow containment and none of the issues I've had with other rests when stalking.

Sticking to my MBG 5 pin Ascent. Used this for a few years, and don't see a reason to change. It does what I need. I also kept an HHA optimizer 3 pin as a second option. I prefer the HHA for the position and low profile of the slider knob, but no 5 pin option. 3 pin is fine in Indiana, but not my choice for out west. I could make it work, though.

Also keeping my Trophy Ridge two piece quiver. I have two Tight Spots, but I am not in love with them. I really like the 2 piece better. It can get it tighter to the bow, it balances better, and it doesn't whip at the shot like the tight spot. If the 2 piece doesn't fit a bow, the tight spot gets the nod, but it's not my first choice.

Tru Fire Hardcore release. Tried a Scott Ghost, and a Tru Ball Short N Sweet. Wish I could find a release that wasn't a hair trigger. I'd really like a release that let go at 3-4 pounds. Seriously.

Jeremy
Try the Hamskea Droptine release. It literally has all the adjustments you need. If you want, I'll sell you mine. I've used it like two or three times. I just have too many releases that I use. Try it. It's the most versatile release I've ever used.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Why the QAD? I have always heard that people prefer the hamskea as I have it on all my bows. I like them. They are amazing and tough as they come. Never ever had a problem. Used to have a trophy taker and they have failed twice on me. The springs broke after so many cycles both times.

I like to be able to lock the rest in the upright position when not drawn back.

I’ve never had any issues with the QAD.

Wapiti1

WKR
Try the Hamskea Droptine release. It literally has all the adjustments you need. If you want, I'll sell you mine. I've used it like two or three times. I just have too many releases that I use. Try it. It's the most versatile release I've ever used.
PM inbound. Thanks.

Jeremy