Ideas for light budget 2P tent

Looking for ideas on a backpacking two or three person tent. Must have vestibule for gear. I have a floorless shelter that worked great for archery season in CO last year, but want a tent as another option for different hunts.

Nuke Man

WKR
Are you actually planning on having 2 people in the tent? If not Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 is a good choice.
If you are planning on 2 dudes in a tent. I'd highly suggest a 3 person, unless you like spooning your buddy

OP
jaymcclanahan
Are you actually planning on having 2 people in the tent? If not Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 is a good choice.
If you are planning on 2 dudes in a tent. I'd highly suggest a 3 person, unless you like spooning your buddy
One person. Maybe my son when he’s a little older

Look at the 3F UL tents. The Lanshan 2 and 3 person Pyramid.

The Lanshan 2 is VERY roomy with room to keep your pack inside the inner tent plus two vestibules. Probably couldn’t sleep two adults but one adult and a kid would be doable.

They are ~$100.

87TT

WKR
Personally I love my Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 but if your on a budget then check out Ebay. There are some deals on there new and used. You can find a name brand good tent for $150 or less. Check the weight and specs even if you have to go on the internet and not ebay to get the specs. Be leery of the cheap unknown name tents. They are usually heavy and lower quality. I have used both and you do get what you pay for as a rule but some bargains are there. Nothing wrong with a gently used tent. You can also make a lightweight good footprint out of Tyvek.

ScopeScar

FNG
I have two Big Agnes UL tents, a 2 and a 3 person. As with all backpacking tents divide the rated capacity by 2. They're great summer tents but IMO all floored tents suck in rain. I'm sure there are floored tents that work great for mountaineering in snow.

Bug screens are nice. As already recommended look on eBay or Craigslist.

I was pretty impressed with a friend's MSR Hubba Hubba when I last hunted with him. Lightweight too.