Idea: Hunting Clothing Database

So I've been weeding through different clothing companies trying to find ones that actually fit me decent and have learned a lot. Particularly how much of a gamble it is and how little a size means. It got me to thinking, I bet a lot of people also have this problem, and this board is pretty active and large...What if we made a database of "fits". I'm just gauging interest and I'm not sure exactly how I would do it but if there were enough people putting information in we could have a good index of what to expect when we purchase a piece of clothing.

Also I wouldn't want to do the just the standard "Waist, Chest, Inseam" especially since so many peoples' references for inseam and waistline are vanity sizes. But I'd really want to focus on measurements such as rise height (both the measurement and the preference for fit) , thigh and calf width, chest vs shoulder, and sleeve length.

I'm definitely a believer in proper fit making for a more efficient experience in every sense including being quiet, avoiding chaffing, staying cool and especially saying warm when layering. A folded up mid or base layer can ruin my day on stand.

I know this is a tall order and this is just an idea right now, but any criticisms and/or interest/support? All is welcome and I know I'm a newbie on here but...idk where I was going with that...its 5 am and I've been up since yesterday xD

John87

Lil-Rokslider
I would love to see this happen, I’ve been searching a ton for this info, would be great if it was all here in one spot.

OP
C
Its definitely doable, but I need a better plan rather than an idea, i might hash something out one of these next few nights. But it won't really do much good if there isn't a lot of interest. This thread hasn't exactly blown up but I wonder how much my essay of a description scared people away

Rob5589

WKR
Depending on how much time you want to devote, you could do something like Amazon does with clothing. Basically, it has a percentage based system;

Too small 20%
Just right 60%
Too large 20%

If you look for clothes on there you'll see what I mean.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
So I've been weeding through different clothing companies trying to find ones that actually fit me decent and have learned a lot. Particularly how much of a gamble it is and how little a size means. It got me to thinking, I bet a lot of people also have this problem, and this board is pretty active and large...What if we made a database of "fits". I'm just gauging interest and I'm not sure exactly how I would do it but if there were enough people putting information in we could have a good index of what to expect when we purchase a piece of clothing.

Also I wouldn't want to do the just the standard "Waist, Chest, Inseam" especially since so many peoples' references for inseam and waistline are vanity sizes. But I'd really want to focus on measurements such as rise height (both the measurement and the preference for fit) , thigh and calf width, chest vs shoulder, and sleeve length.

I'm definitely a believer in proper fit making for a more efficient experience in every sense including being quiet, avoiding chaffing, staying cool and especially saying warm when layering. A folded up mid or base layer can ruin my day on stand.

I know this is a tall order and this is just an idea right now, but any criticisms and/or interest/support? All is welcome and I know I'm a newbie on here but...idk where I was going with that...its 5 am and I've been up since yesterday xD
Sounds like a great idea!

Maki35

WKR
+1 Great ideal.
Whenever I buy cloths online I try to find the company's measurement chart or I'll read through the reviews to get an idea on fitment.