Idaho unit 45 mule deer.

Sargbuck

FNG
Hello fellow hunters
My son is attending his first year of college in Idaho and has drawn the unit 45 deer tag 10/15-10/31. I am hoping to get some advice/help on the unit. He has little time to scout with school going and I am 14 hrs away. Any insight on the unit would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

twsnow18

FNG
Probably the most sought after unit in ID. Make time to scout, no one in your family will ever draw it again.

bulldoza

FNG
Check out bennett mountain outfitting. They are the only guide company in unit 45.

Attachments

• IMG_5324(1).jpg
    IMG_5324(1).jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3537.jpg
    IMG_3537.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2693(1).jpg
    IMG_2693(1).jpg
    338 KB · Views: 110

D-How200

FNG
It's a little late in the game to hire an outfitter imo unless you're clueless about hunting. I would suggest hunting every single day of the hunt if possible. If you can't take whatever days you have and hunt the end. You can go from seeing no deer to hundreds in just a few days. Pass on 160 type bucks til you find something a little better if you can hold out. That unit has seen better days but it's always got 200 potential. If you don't have the deer hunt of a lifetime it's your own fault. Good luck. PM me if you can I'll give you some helpful info.

OP
S

Sargbuck

FNG
It's a little late in the game to hire an outfitter imo unless you're clueless about hunting. I would suggest hunting every single day of the hunt if possible. If you can't take whatever days you have and hunt the end. You can go from seeing no deer to hundreds in just a few days. Pass on 160 type bucks til you find something a little better if you can hold out. That unit has seen better days but it's always got 200 potential. If you don't have the deer hunt of a lifetime it's your own fault. Good luck. PM me if you can I'll give you some helpful info.
I sent you a PM. Thanks

bulldoza

FNG
How is C Hanes affiliated with them?
Just a hunter. He came out for deer and bull hunts. He's a beast! 100yrd shot on the bull! I could hit a big yellow school bus at a 100 yards! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_5324.jpg
    IMG_5324.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3537.jpg
    IMG_3537.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 55

Rocky723

FNG
How did this hunt turn out? Any luck? I met a guy with that tag as well at the Wendy's down in Mountain Home and he pulled out a 24" tall 4x5 if I remember correctly! Great tag hope to hear back from you