Idaho Unit 40 Mule Deer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrips

FNG
Hi all, I am new to the forum world but I drew a November unit 40 mule deer tag. I live over on the eastern side of the states so about 6 hours away and won't be able to scout as much as I'd like. Going to burn two weeks over there in November though. Any insight on areas to avoid? Deer densities? Buck to doe ratios?
Are deer all over the unit or general concentrated in a few smaller areas? OnX shows a lot of private in the country but any insight I would greatly appreciate. Going to be a solo hunt but not afraid to get away from the crowd/road. I'd like to be picky and shoot a 170-180 buck but not sure what the inventory of deer looks like there either.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.