Idaho Spring Bear

Hello everyone, I would love to talk to some people that know their stuff about bear hunting in idaho. I have hunted bears quite a bit, however, I've only shot one šŸ¤£. I have a late season spot that I go to end of June that I will keep going. However, I'm trying to find an early season spot like late April early may. Last year I hit unit 39. I have packgoats and like to get into the backcountry for the experience. I did not see any boars in 39. I I'm kind of figuring that area out and have an idea of where to go this year. With that said, I'm not sure it's that great of an area? I hear these stories and see these videos of people seeing a dozen bears and tagging out almost yearly. I would like to stay away from the panhandle area, it is just too far away.
I'm just looking for an area to get back in with the pack goats and have a good hunt. I'll probably just head to 39 again unless someone can talk me out of it and tell me there's much better areas. Would love to talk if anyone's interested
Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think there's more bears killed in 39 than any unit in the state. Also more people hunting 39 than any other unit too lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
I think there's more bears killed in 39 than any unit in the state. Also more people hunting 39 than any other unit too lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah it was busier than I thought it would be

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
I'm sure that everyone is just dying to talk you into hunting their favorite area.
Idaho has heaps of wilderness that pack goats could help make a lot more comfortable. Go explore somewhere and then don't tell anyone anything.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Some people have been very helpful. Looks like I am trying a different area this year. I like exploring new country, can't wait.