Idaho sheep tag 27-2

xwiscony

FNG
Well the stars aligned and I drew my bucket list hunt. I’m looking forward to hitting the Frank Scouting shortly. Obviously my first sheep hunt and it will be in some crazy country. If anyone has any good material to direct me to as far as sheep habitat or advice in general I’d be thankful. Generally I’m an elk/deer/waterfowl guy.
Thx
Dan

OP
X

xwiscony

FNG
Well Just and quick update for anyone following along. Hiked in with a good friend 13 miles for 9 days. We had an absolute adventure and one hell of a workout both physically and mentally. We got hit with Hail and 30mph winds during the hike in. Opening morning we hopped over a big ridge and spotted sheep inside 300 yards. The only problem was there weren't any Rams. We tried several other glassing knobs and spent 2 days in the tent with heavy rain and no visibility. Saw some amazing scenery and overall enjoyed every minute of it. on our hike out we ran into a few hikers who had just had a ram walk right next to their camp 2 hours earlier. I spent the last hour or two of daylight looking for it and then managed to spot another sheep.....but it again wasn't a ram :(
Hoping to get out again for week or so towards the end of the season.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Well Just and quick update for anyone following along. Hiked in with a good friend 13 miles for 9 days. We had an absolute adventure and one hell of a workout both physically and mentally. We got hit with Hail and 30mph winds during the hike in. Opening morning we hopped over a big ridge and spotted sheep inside 300 yards. The only problem was there weren't any Rams. We tried several other glassing knobs and spent 2 days in the tent with heavy rain and no visibility. Saw some amazing scenery and overall enjoyed every minute of it. on our hike out we ran into a few hikers who had just had a ram walk right next to their camp 2 hours earlier. I spent the last hour or two of daylight looking for it and then managed to spot another sheep.....but it again wasn't a ram :(
Hoping to get out again for week or so towards the end of the season.
How long is the season/how much longer do you have?

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
Any update on the hunt? Next year I will draw a tag, I am about 5% certain of it!