Idaho Bear River Archery Elk

LFC911

WKR
Back in December a buddy of mine and I were lucky enough to snag a pair of Bear River Archery Elk tags. We've done some eScouting on the unit, not sure when we'll go, early or late in the season. I'm thinking later in the season for more bugling but my buddy wants to go earlier. We've both elk hunted CO and he's hunted UT, ID (Beaverhead unit) but this will be our first trip to Bear River (75,77,78). I've read a few post on here that there were a LOT of road hunters and ATV trails. We plan on getting as far away from roads as we can and hunting with camp on our backs. Anyone willing to share their experience in this unit would be greatly appreciated and reciprocated if we can help you in the aforementioned states or KS. Thanks in advance!

What area are you looking to hunt? It's my first year in idaho and I've been out scouting the region looking for elk. I don't have a lot of info but I don't mind sharing if I can.

How did you make out in Bear River? A buddy and I were lucky enough to get tags for that area for next year and are in the early stages of Escouting. Looks like a good area if you can get away from the roads. Any info would be appreciate. Cheers

How did you make out in Bear River? A buddy and I were lucky enough to get tags for that area for next year and are in the early stages of Escouting. Looks like a good area if you can get away from the roads. Any info would be appreciate. Cheers
I also drew this tag for the upcoming season and am coming from PA. Everything I've seen seems like you need to get away from the roads and you might be able to get into some elk.

I also drew this tag for the upcoming season and am coming from PA. Everything I've seen seems like you need to get away from the roads and you might be able to get into some elk.
A buddy and I had the A-Tag this fall. A couple thoughts: 1. It's great elk habitat everywhere...but that means there's very little condensing the elk into knowable locations (at least knowable to hunters without years and years of local knowledge) 2. The bugling was very subdued, and at times felt like it was non-existent. 3. We did finally get into some areas that seemed like their bedrooms, but by that time it was the end of Sept. Felt like we'd just figured enough out to be starting. Alas, next year...