Idaho Area 45 Deer

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
As usual, I came up empty myself but my wife drew a muzzle loader hunt in 45. Tags in my household were pretty sparse this fall up until now. This will be our first time hunting Idaho. I would like to give her a good experience and help her to harvest a decent buck. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Just general information would help me out from anyone who has hunted it recently. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't hunted 45, but make sure your muzzleloader meets the Idaho requirements, have fun and good luck.

Thanks Weiser, Idaho does have some very strict muzzleloader regulations. It will be challenging for sure.

Last edited:
OP
E

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
Better have some private access and some weather roll through
Good luck

Thanks Gobbler, Right now the plan is to put up a central camp and day hike into different areas. Weather would definitely help. From what I have read there is some deer migration that takes place on this unit from adjacent units.

Bghntr416

FNG
I have also heard access can be a problem for that area but it does hold some giants. Plenty of resident bucks as well so weather in not as critical in my opinion.

sram9102

WKR
Spent some time at the Iron Mountain Grill (good food by the way) with a guy who had that tag last fall. Seemed like he wasn't having much trouble getting permission from the land owners if you happen to find a giant on private.

OP
E

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
Spent some time at the Iron Mountain Grill (good food by the way) with a guy who had that tag last fall. Seemed like he wasn't having much trouble getting permission from the land owners if you happen to find a giant on private.

That’s good to know. I won’t hesitate to ask. Thanks