Idaho 52A Deer Assistance?

Hello All,

Due to the difficulty of getting general deer tags in Idaho, I ended up with a 52A tag this year. I’ve been trying since December to get my normal unit but no luck.

I’ve spent a few days in the unit this past weekend. Saw a few smaller bucks on a farmers field and two does on public. Very low deer sign on public, at least where I was

The unit is very different than the steep elevation I’m used to hunting and wanted to see if anyone had info on the unit they wouldn’t mind sharing?

Feel free to PM if you’d prefer! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
Bumping it up to the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you’re seeing is about right. Low deer densities with most being around private ag land. Lots of road hunters as well, but you’ll see some good antelope. If there’s a good heavy snow some deer from the higher country push through on their migration route to their wintering grounds but that doesn’t usually happen until November. That unit is a bit difficult to glass due to the deceiving terrain out there. It looks flat but there are several pockets hidden in the lavas that you won’t see until you’re standing on the edge of it. You could walk by a herd and never know it. Those big bucks hold like a rooster pheasant and won’t move until you are past them. You’ve got your work cut out. Good luck!