Idaho 36B Archery

Ghanson4

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my first archery tag ever for Idaho 36B type A tag and was hoping someone could give me an idea of what to expect or any tips for hunting this unit.

Did you just make this post to flex on the other 40,000 of us still staring at a paused website?
Congrats on your tag! Did you get yours online or at a dealer in Idaho? I was told if you are actually in state you have a better chance of getting a tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

Ghanson4

Lil-Rokslider
Did you just make this post to flex on the other 40,000 of us still staring at a paused website?
Congrats on your tag! Did you get yours online or at a dealer in Idaho? I was told if you are actually in state you have a better chance of getting a tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dealer in state, one of the few perks of living in Washington

efing001

FNG
Just got my first archery tag ever for Idaho 36B type A tag and was hoping someone could give me an idea of what to expect or any tips for hunting this unit.
I picked up a 36B Mule Deer tag. I will be scouting it in July/August and happy to share notes, if you are interested.

Look at the usfs portion of the unit and the BLM chunk south of the mine. Most of the elk I see in September are still up high in the sticks.

Fullfan

WKR
Always wonder why ppl would want elk tags for some place they have never been ???

It’s a beautiful area up there. Depending on if you’re backpacking or day hunting, keep in mind that you don’t always have to have a whole basin to yourself. I’ve found elk in tiny pockets of micro terrain you’d never expect. Depending on the time of year, calling might be a bust. If you aren’t hearing elk, keep calling to a minimum. For early September, check north facing slopes and dark timber. You’ll have bull hanging out their majority of the day.
The transition phases in the morning and evening are when they’ll be the most active/vocal. Let me know if that helps!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Always wonder why ppl would want elk tags for some place they have never been ???
Probably one of the tags that was left when they got through the shit show on Dec 1st. Infinitely better than a Lolo tag for sure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Afhunter1

WKR
I’ve had some excellent luck hunting new territory. I think it keeps you engaged in the hunt the whole time because you’re trying to learn as much as possible. Sometimes hunting same old place over and over again can lead to getting “stuck in a rut” so to speak.