ID Moose tag

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
Howdy,

Finally lucked out a drew ID moose, SE Idaho.
Would appreciate any helpful insights guys familiar the area may be willig to share. Had already chatted with the biologist for the area before applying. Now looking forward to putting boots on the ground this summer.

Feel free to DM if preferred,

Kirby

Last edited:
OP
khunter

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
1440 mile round trip scouting trip Thursday through Sunday to Idaho was great. Learned a lot, saw some cow and calf moose and lined up some pvt land permissions adjacent to the key waterways. And met some great folks.

My Jack Russell got too close to a cow moose.

881F7066-A0AC-42FF-B606-BEFFBB224D13.jpeg

OP
khunter

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
Had a great initial 10 day trip with a few scouting days them hunting and almost arrowed a good bull but did not shoot.

Just killed a colo cow moose opening day so excited to have a lot of moose meat in freezer so can be a LOT more selective when return to ID tnis coming Friday for 2+ weeks if needed.

7140EE43-5073-46A1-A5AA-27A2B966B800.jpeg

Jesus.... I hate to be a glass half empty type of guy but waiting as long as your probably did for those two tags I bet it would have been nice to split it up over two years lol

Congrats and good luck

OP
khunter

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
Jesus.... I hate to be a glass half empty type of guy but waiting as long as your probably did for those two tags I bet it would have been nice to split it up over two years lol

Congrats and good luck

Not really, it was my 3rd colo cow moose tag after a bull tag. I keep draw at 3+2 points.

the ID tag is OIL, and I invested 28 days in the hunt. Extremely tough hunt. But successful. dropped over 400 pounds of quarters and other meat at the processor.

So two moose in the freezer in one year. That is a good reason to spread out the hunts out if any.

Last edited: