WTS/WTT I would not recommend user rileygrohn

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I would not deal with him/her. He made an offer and i asked for paypal address and now haven’t heard from him in over 24 hours. I would rather lose $50 than go back on my word/offer. People like this give forums a bad name.

32ab6b18338804adb17d39ca98fb9e14.jpg

b926315e4b0338ca2565c844bc5ed38b.jpg

8ef2d6dc4fc2966d5361b47d2f71219e.jpg

13c9f14c61601b8660726f15784ec51a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lak2004

WKR
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not that long has gone by. Stuff happens, people get busy and it's hunting season. Give him a bit...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
10 hours isnt that long of a period. While I try to log on often when I am working on a deal with someone, things happen. I sold a pair of binos yesterday and hoped to make it to UPS this morning before work but I had to run my wifes car to the body shop, drop her off at work and pick up a rental car. We woke up to 6 inches of snow this morning, tree branches every where and power has been off and on all day. Shit happens.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yep, it’s hunting season and people get busy. I wouldnt judge too hard until it’s been at least a couple days

Vandy321

WKR
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
First one to get money to my account gets it. I try to honor an "I'll take it". But if another member wants it and for sure has funds ready, and I haven't heard back from the original buyer, he/she gets it. Money talks.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would have sold it out from under too if you sent me that message about it being 10 hours but you logged on 5 hours ago.

OP
G
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Not that long has gone by. Stuff happens, people get busy and it's hunting season. Give him a bit...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

He deleted the post after no response in 36 hours. Just trying to give people a heads up. If you like dealing with people like this or you deal with people in the same way, making someone an offer then backing out in less than 2 hours, I don’t care to do business with you. I have waited well over 8 hours for a response when i had multiple, higher offers on the table.

For those who prefer dealing with honest, straightforward people, this post is for you.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
He deleted the post after no response in 36 hours. Just trying to give people a heads up. If you like dealing with people like this or you deal with people in the same way, making someone an offer then backing out in less than 2 hours, I don’t care to do business with you. I have waited well over 8 hours for a response when i had multiple, higher offers on the table.

For those who prefer dealing with honest, straightforward people, this post is for you.

I agree 100% if you are going to buy an item and can't pay for however many hours then let the seller know. It bugs me when people say they're going to buy something and then you give them your information and never hear back or get any type of response ( even though you see they have been on the forum multiple times) and you get screwed on a sale.
If you are going to take the item, then have payment ready or arrange payment with the seller, dont let him hang dry for hours or days with no response

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Word is everything imo. The first with money thing is bs. If I get an I'll take it, I will do a follow up message back as well as send some messages to anyone in line, letting them know I have it SPF, but they are in line in case the original guy backs out. I usually give 24 hours. If no response from the original guy in 24 hours, on to the next guy. No need to send extra messages or be pushy. In the end, a man's word is really all he has, once rumor gets around that your word is shiiiittt, life gets much tougher.

Mwoody

WKR
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well I just had the opposite happen. I told a guy that I'd take the bivy he had listed. I told him I was at a bike race and couldnt pay him until it was done. He agreed and gave me his PayPal. I got home 3 hrs later to a message that he sold it to someone else. Sucks but I guess shit happens

ncina

WKR
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Word is everything imo. The first with money thing is bs. If I get an I'll take it, I will do a follow up message back as well as send some messages to anyone in line, letting them know I have it SPF, but they are in line in case the original guy backs out. I usually give 24 hours. If no response from the original guy in 24 hours, on to the next guy. No need to send extra messages or be pushy. In the end, a man's word is really all he has, once rumor gets around that your word is shiiiittt, life gets much tougher.
I like this HuntHarder, couldnt agree more. Sorry Mwoody, that has happened to me too and is BS.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Life or no life, a buyer needs to make arrangements with the seller if he's gonna go for hours with no response. Is not hard to say " I'll take it and I'll send the money through in X amount of time " or say " I'm working or hunting or away from my phone and I'll send payment through when I get a chance" I don't know why we have to make excuses for a guy who said he would take it, never responds to the sellers pm for hours, wait days. In my opinion move on and sell it to the next guy in line.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Of course you move on after a day. I mean, imo, you should not be so hard up to sell something that you HAVE to have the money the same day you list it or a guy says he will take it. If you need money that fast, go pawn it. I guess I do not see the disservice of giving a guy atleast 24 hours before you move on. Guys get all ate up over missing a deal or a guy backing out of a deal. It sucks, but at the end of the day, are you really out anything? It's like BFD if you need to move onto the next guy inline. People are flakes, make a note of it and move on.

OP
G
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Of course you move on after a day. I mean, imo, you should not be so hard up to sell something that you HAVE to have the money the same day you list it or a guy says he will take it. If you need money that fast, go pawn it. I guess I do not see the disservice of giving a guy atleast 24 hours before you move on. Guys get all ate up over missing a deal or a guy backing out of a deal. It sucks, but at the end of the day, are you really out anything? It's like BFD if you need to move onto the next guy inline. People are flakes, make a note of it and move on.

It just happens so much, if i can’t try and hold people accountable, how are guys gonna learn they should be accountable?

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yeah, I see your point, but trying to change a grown mans "ethics" or inner self is a losing battle. I just write them off as Piles of dung and move on. Life is too short to try and get everyone to be good peoples. So many bad ones that I just move on. I have been pretty lucky on here and only 1 time have I had a guy ghost me after saying he wanted something. I did exactly what I said I would do and gave him 24 hours to respond, after that, bye felicia and onto the next guy in line.

OP
G
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Yeah, I see your point, but trying to change a grown mans "ethics" or inner self is a losing battle. I just write them off as Piles of dung and move on. Life is too short to try and get everyone to be good peoples. So many bad ones that I just move on. I have been pretty lucky on here and only 1 time have I had a guy ghost me after saying he wanted something. I did exactly what I said I would do and gave him 24 hours to respond, after that, bye felicia and onto the next guy in line.

I can see your point as well and i guess i hope the guys that do this are young and never had anyone to tell them differently. I feel like if i don’t at least say something i’m as much to blame.