I finally did it!!

OP
W

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Guys. This has been a looooong time coming. Like 30ish some years! No joke. How this went down is something I will NEVER forget!!

OP
W

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 40664Here are some more pics! The bow I used is a brand new Stalker Stick bow 58# @ 29" Carbon Express Heritage shafts 350 spine and 125grn.Grizzly single bevel broad heads with 75 grn. steel inserts.

OP
W

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 40667 I called this Bull in to about 15 yards maybe a little less. I was worried he would get to close (as If that's something a bow hunter needs to worry about!) Any way he stood and was looking in my direction for a few seconds before turning away and that's when I drew my bow and sent the arrow on its way! As soon as I released the arrow I knew it was a good shot. He went maybe 35 yards before crashing down the mountain! From the first call I made until I took the shot was maybe 10 minutes, he came in all fired up raking trees pawing and kicking up dirt! It was just breathtaking! This is the short version of this story.

Last edited:

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
I understand the hardships of doing it with a compound, doing it traditional is something I can't even comprehend. Congrats on the tag filled.