I drew region G with 0 points and don't know anything

Hi this is my first post but I've kinda been lurking for a bit. I ended up drawing region G with no points, (woo-hoo) but it was probably the one hunt I put in for this year that I had genuinely no clue how to hunt. I mean I got the who (me and my dad and probably my friend) and what (mule deer), but the where isn't exactly pin pointed down yet. But most importantly the when is an issue, cause I have school and it would be hard to miss that and my dad to get off work. What's even worse is my dad drew utah elk since we live here and him being able to come with would be hard since he'll get work off for his hunt. So since I've used up all my luck this year, it might end up being just me in region G hunting, and I've never hunted alone before, and have only been backpacking once, so I have some stuff. Thoughts, condolences, and well-wishes are welcome. What in the heck should I even do? I have a bow if that is a viable option, and a .243

Attachments

• Region G W.jpeg
    Region G W.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 403
Same
Luckily for you, all of the deer in Wyoming have moved into G since all the residents and non-residents are pissed at one another (long story). Therefore, shouldn't have any problems finding a 190" or so. Report back once you kill.one
Nope that's why the residents are pissed because
Those darn non residents are killing all the big bucks and bulls there's nothing but fork horns and piss cutter 2 points left in Wyoming & Montana no matter how many roads you drive
You just can't find a decent buck to shoot out the truck window in either state anymore 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Laramie

WKR
Hi this is my first post but I've kinda been lurking for a bit. I ended up drawing region G with no points, (woo-hoo) but it was probably the one hunt I put in for this year that I had genuinely no clue how to hunt. I mean I got the who (me and my dad and probably my friend) and what (mule deer), but the where isn't exactly pin pointed down yet. But most importantly the when is an issue, cause I have school and it would be hard to miss that and my dad to get off work. What's even worse is my dad drew utah elk since we live here and him being able to come with would be hard since he'll get work off for his hunt. So since I've used up all my luck this year, it might end up being just me in region G hunting, and I've never hunted alone before, and have only been backpacking once, so I have some stuff. Thoughts, condolences, and well-wishes are welcome. What in the heck should I even do? I have a bow if that is a viable option, and a .243
He is young guys, take it easy.

A few things,

Glad you are hunting and congrats for drawing what some consider a great tag. Region G is actually a pretty challenging hunt so I would encourage you to do your homework on the area quickly as season will be here before you know it.

You won't receive much help publicly for a few reasons. The main reason is anything posted on an open forum is searchable by anyone performing a google search. Hunting is competitive these days in that it there is way more demand for tags and animals than there are tags and animals available. Anything posted by someone who hunts the area would actually be hurting that hunters chances or drawing or harvesting in the future. The other main reason is because people put in a ton or work to learn areas. It can take years to truly learn how best to hunt an area. Most who have put in that work will have little respect for those that have not.

There is plenty of information on the web available to research if you put the time in. I would also encourage you to make a scouting trip if you can while the weather is nice. Maybe make a local friend if you can who can show you the ropes. Good luck to you.

sndmn11

WKR
He is young guys, take it easy.

A few things,

Glad you are hunting and congrats for drawing what some consider a great tag. Region G is actually a pretty challenging hunt so I would encourage you to do your homework on the area quickly as season will be here before you know it.

You won't receive much help publicly for a few reasons. The main reason is anything posted on an open forum is searchable by anyone performing a google search. Hunting is competitive these days in that it there is way more demand for tags and animals than there are tags and animals available. Anything posted by someone who hunts the area would actually be hurting that hunters chances or drawing or harvesting in the future. The other main reason is because people put in a ton or work to learn areas. It can take years to truly learn how best to hunt an area. Most who have put in that work will have little respect for those that have not.

There is plenty of information on the web available to research if you put the time in. I would also encourage you to make a scouting trip if you can while the weather is nice. Maybe make a local friend if you can who can show you the ropes. Good luck to you.

Good post! I am glad there's at least one mature adult sliding today.

Hopefully he will get a PM from someone who can help.

OP
[insertspecies]Slayer
See my idea was to ask everyone where to hunt, then draw a 10 mile radius around there so I know where *not* to go. lol, but then I realized I won't exactly be able to take anything more then 6 days, maybe up to 10 days. Then I realized I there's no way my dad could miss that much work off in a row, with his elk hunt and all, and I tried to go bear hunting by myself this spring but lets just say my mom hated that idea. When I called my dad to tell him I had the tag he said "do you need an adult to hunt with out" lol.

But seriously, I never came in here expecting learning where to hunt. I just figured if anyone tells me anything is better then nothing. Plus I drew the "infamous" region G with 0 points, who wouldn't want any advice, ill willed or not

Agreed and he is being honest and up front. Someone help this kid out!
He got advice turn the tag in or give it to a vet
Try again next year AFTER he takes time to learn about the unit and spends some time in the off season scouting it
Isn't that what eeryone else that ask for help on here gets told ????

He got advice turn the tag in or give it to a vet
Try again next year AFTER he takes time to learn about the unit and spends some time in the off season scouting it
Isn't that what eeryone else that ask for help on here gets told ????
Actually, my first recommendation was to hire the best guide he could. For that tag, that is solid advice considering how little he appears to know about the zone and ×=<×+÷/>/ pattern.

googles your friend along with wyoming biologist along with several other online how to videos
and influencers good luck hope you kill the next world record