I decided I'm good watching football for the rest of the day today....

2ski

WKR
This guy decided to try and bite me. I guess maybe he got my pant leg and not me? It seemed like maybe it was a reaction strike or not a bite a punch? He didn't start to rattle until I jumped away from him.

At that point I decided I was good taking the rest of the day off from bird hunting with my dog. Adrenaline...adrenaline...adrenaline.

Attachments

• 20220917_130223.jpg
    20220917_130223.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 291
I was clearing trails at the camp and ran in to a teed off cottonmouth earlier today. Now that I’m watching LSU’s offense, it might have been less painful to just let it sink teeth into me. Hindsight is 20/20.

kleinpm

FNG
This guy decided to try and bite me. I guess maybe he got my pant leg and not me? It seemed like maybe it was a reaction strike or not a bite a punch? He didn't start to rattle until I jumped away from him.

At that point I decided I was good taking the rest of the day off from bird hunting with my dog. Adrenaline...adrenaline...adrenaline.
Same thing happened to me on Wednesday!

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Yarak

WKR
After watching The Tide play yesterday I’d take my chances with the snake

WKR
I'd say wait for cooler weather but a drahthaar guy had a dog bit on Oct 31 a few years back.

We're hunting muzzy deer on the plains in a few weeks and they'll still be active. Hate those things.

*zap*

WKR
Plenty of venomous snakes here...a guy needs to be careful. My pup walked right over the top of a copperhead we surprised while he was crossing a hiking trail this summer. He just laid there.....a timber rattler would probably have bitten the pup.

MJB

WKR
One, I can move on but when 2-3 rattle in a short walk I'm so jumpy it's best to go back to the truck.

This is a good learning experience for the pup.....I just shock the shit out of them as soon as they show interest or yell no with vigor!
I recommend the vax and avoidance training