Hunting Rifle Trigger Pull Weight

rbaney

FNG
I 'm with the majority, I like mine between 2 and 2.5 lbs. An most times I remove my gloves to shoot. I never liked wearing gloves. sometimes I wear those ones that allow you to uncover the fingers. Even when it gets cold out like 12 degrees I still do the same thing.

sambo3006

FNG
Around 2-2.5 lbs on my hunting rifles. Any lighter can lead to inadvertently sending one down range while quickly getting back on the trigger for a follow up shot when excited during a limited entry elk hunt. Or so I heard...😁
Lesson learned.

Rock-o

WKR
I have a 1.5 and like it a lot. I have a 2.5 (but so far that's only been a range gun and I doubt that will change) and like that a lot as well. Other hunting rifles are (unknown) heavier, but I'm ok with those too. In the end, it probably depends on the rifle and how I'm using it.

Gunnut918

FNG
I have two different bolt guns set at 2.6#. Everything else are at factory settings and in safe.

Most of my guns are right at 3 pounds. I usuually hunt later seasons where I'm wearing gloves. I played with 2 pounds for a while, but I was clacking off rounds when I was ready.

atmat

WKR
I have both my Tikkas set as light as they’ll go, which ends up being about 1.75lbs on my scale. It feels right.

OP
General RE LEE
So ever since I got a Howa Mini in 6 ARC with the 2 stage HACT trigger, I’ve decided to increase the pull weight on my Tikkas.

I put the Mountain Tactical trigger springs in my Tikkas and both were set to 1.5 lbs. I’ve always been concerned about my boys having a premature fire in the heat of the moment. This morning, I put the factory trigger springs back in and adjusted them to 2-2.5 lbs. For me, that’s enough I can comfortably rest my finger on the trigger shoe and pull straight back to fire. 1.5 lbs can get a bit touchy.