Hunter attacked by dogs

Beendare

WKR
Fox news Atlanta

A man in Georgia is recovering after three dogs attacked him in January while he was attempting to take down his hunting equipment.

The man, a 61-year-old businessman from Atlanta who wished to be identified only as "Scott B.," was moving his ladder stand when he noticed three dogs approaching him, he told Field & Stream magazine.

The attack took place north of Jefferson, Georgia, in the northeastern part of the state.
—-

I went years not packing a sidearm while bowhunting ….its different now.

IMG_0271(1).jpgI'm a dog lover but not everyone is like us, and you have to be prepared. The devil comes out of nowhere. These people's dog has come after mine a few times. I was carrying when this happened, but in Michigan you can't defend your dog with lethal force. I had to beat it off with a walking stick. They wouldn't give up their information so I took a picture and started circulating it around. Plenty of public outcry in a small town and a neighbor gave them up quick. The police had their info the next morning. Best advice carry pepper spray and take pictures or video, it made it pretty hard for them to deny what happened.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_0259.jpg
    InkedIMG_0259.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 477
If my life was imperil I would have treated those aggressive dogs as wolves/mountain lions/2 legged murderers. My sidearm would have been drawn...you figure the rest. Next move I would have contacted the sheriff's office and report the incident. This is coming from a dog lover.

When I go hiking with my kids I am always packing. Most of the trails are relatively steep on both sides so no chance of getting away from a dog that has bad intent.

KenLee

WKR
View attachment 519300I'm a dog lover but not everyone is like us, and you have to be prepared. The devil comes out of nowhere. These people's dog has come after mine a few times. I was carrying when this happened, but in Michigan you can't defend your dog with lethal force. I had to beat it off with a walking stick. They wouldn't give up their information so I took a picture and started circulating it around. Plenty of public outcry in a small town and a neighbor gave them up quick. The police had their info the next morning. Best advice carry pepper spray and take pictures or video, it made it pretty hard for them to deny what happened.
F that!
They'd have to put me in front of a jury. That dog would have been dead. You realize that if the aggressor dog turns at you, it's your right to kill it?

F that!
They'd have to put me in front of a jury. That dog would have been dead. You realize that if the aggressor dog turns at you, it's your right to kill it?
Yes, I realize that. I didn't realize until she went to the vet how cut up she was. It's a mess here tbh we've been here since 2016 that's the second time we've taken a dog to the vet for that reason, had lots come after our dogs, my wife's been bit running, and I had one come after me running. Nice people here for the most part, but lots of brain dead people too. I could rant all day, but my point was people suck and if I hadn't taken a picture of them nothing would have ever come of it.

KenLee

WKR
Yes, I realize that. I didn't realize until she went to the vet how cut up she was. It's a mess here tbh we've been here since 2016 that's the second time we've taken a dog to the vet for that reason, had lots come after our dogs, my wife's been bit running, and I had one come after me running. Nice people here for the most part, but lots of brain dead people too. I could rant all day, but my point was people suck and if I hadn't taken a picture of them nothing would have ever come of it.

Yes sir people suck. Sucky people raise sucky dogs and kids

Last edited:
Extendable leashes...would be hard to make yourself look like more an idiot. Unless it was attached to a harness.

Sorry this happened to you and your family. Are you fairly comfortable with anything larger than .22 having enough juice, even on a poorly placed shot, to stop a determined dog of that size?

Went to pick up a standard compact 9mm and a gentlemen had a few words that made me reconsider the stopping power of a 9mm. Wasn't discounting the round or its capability, just told me a misplaced shot may not drop one and if theres multiple youll want to get rid of one quickly...reminded me stuff like this happens fast and that extra percision from a softer 9mm wont give you much of a advantage over a less precise harder hitting round.

Reading through some posts as I was close to a bad situation recently so taking necessary precautions next time I step out of the truck on pub land.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
9MM has done impressively well stopping bear attacks, what would make a person think a dog would be any different?
150 lb. boar absorbed 7 rounds from my 9mm while charging me from 40 yards before dropping at my feet. The one right behind him turned away at the last minute or I'd be replying now with voice to text or a ouija board. :) I'm all bout the 10mm while boar hunting now.

I've carried my bird dog to the emergency vet before. It's heartbreaking.

IdahoBeav

WKR
View attachment 519300I'm a dog lover but not everyone is like us, and you have to be prepared. The devil comes out of nowhere. These people's dog has come after mine a few times. I was carrying when this happened, but in Michigan you can't defend your dog with lethal force. I had to beat it off with a walking stick. They wouldn't give up their information so I took a picture and started circulating it around. Plenty of public outcry in a small town and a neighbor gave them up quick. The police had their info the next morning. Best advice carry pepper spray and take pictures or video, it made it pretty hard for them to deny what happened.

It has been my observation that people who own those breeds of dogs have a tendency to be ridiculous and irresponsible regarding their animals. I've pissed off a few pitbull/Rott/Boxer/etc. owners in stores and sidewalks by sternly telling them to keep their dogs away from me and my kids. I own labs, and they're good with kids, but if I see someone else with kids or dogs while I'm out on a walk, I pull the leash all the way in and have the dog next to me as others pass.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Wow. I often pack while outdoors and in the city, but this is one more reason to always have some pepper spray (not necessarily instead of a pistol).

MattB

WKR
It has been my observation that people who own those breeds of dogs have a tendency to be ridiculous and irresponsible regarding their animals. I've pissed off a few pitbull/Rott/Boxer/etc. owners in stores and sidewalks by sternly telling them to keep their dogs away from me and my kids. I own labs, and they're good with kids, but if I see someone else with kids or dogs while I'm out on a walk, I pull the leash all the way in and have the dog next to me as others pass.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Labs are more prolific biters than boxers. I guess should start talking sternly to lab owners if I see them in stores or on sidewalks?

1708713798884.jpeg