Hunt update

Chaser96

FNG
Before season I reached out for some advice and many of you all helped out and shared lots of helpful info with me. Long story short I was supposed to go on a hunt with a good friend and a friend of his. His friend backed out a couple weeks before and then my buddy hurt his back the week before the trip. I’ve never elk hunted before but said f it. Changed my plans around, got a rental suv and drove to colorado with my wife. Being with the wife we vacationed and fished the first week and then headed to our area to hunt. The first spot we headed we couldn’t get to in the rental so we went to my second choice spot and got there about 4pm. First evening we basically just got the lay of the land and scouted but did hear 1 bugle. The next morning we got to our predetermined listening point and heard a Bull almost right away. Hunted him for a while and saw 3 other bulls but never got a shot opportunity that day. The next morning we kept the same game plan and heard a Bull about 9am. I began calling back and forth to him and had a nice 6 point come sneaking in silent. I took a 35 yard quartering away shot after cow calling and stopping the Bull. A chip shot really and it appeared my arrow hit right where I wanted. I found my arrow 150 yards later broken off with very little penetration. After a .5 mile blood trail that eventually dried up and several more hours of looking there was no Bull to be found. I decided to quit hunting and notch my tag. It wasn’t the result I wanted but it was a great learning experience and I’m hooked for sure. Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice that got me this great opportunity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk