Howl for Wildlife. Washington Spring Bear

JeffP_Or

WKR
Done. Got the notice via email and 'modified' one of their standardized emails. Easy to do; can't hurt.
Bumper.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this effort. Unfortunately, we were playing against a stacked deck of anti-hunting commissioners. It will only get worse here in Washington as two of the pro-hunting commissioner's terms end this year.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this effort. Unfortunately, we were playing against a stacked deck of anti-hunting commissioners. It will only get worse here in Washington as two of the pro-hunting commissioner's terms end this year.

I’m sure we will be right behind you here in Oregon.

Traction on a forum doesn’t matter. Our commission was purposefully hijacked by a corrupt governor and the animal rights activist groups in Seattle/Olympic peninsula area. The vote was going to be what it was no matter the science or hunter say.

Decades back when the politicians/governors hijacked game management in many states they set in motion a departure from science based wildlife management.
They are politicians, that’s how they want it. They are a class of individual who think they know best how things should be and want all the power they can get. The self promoters screaming pick me, pick me.

The truth of the matter.
The person who wants to lead is rarely the one who should lead, and rarely does the one who should lead want to be the leader.

Traction on a forum doesn’t matter. Our commission was purposefully hijacked by a corrupt governor and the animal rights activist groups in Seattle/Olympic peninsula area. The vote was going to be what it was no matter the science or hunter say.

Decades back when the politicians/governors hijacked game management in many states they set in motion a departure from science based wildlife management.
They are politicians, that’s how they want it. They are a class of individual who think they know best how things should be and want all the power they can get. The self promoters screaming pick me, pick me.

The truth of the matter.
The person who wants to lead is rarely the one who should lead, and rarely does the one who should lead want to be the leader.
Very well said and I don’t disagree in the least, it just seems like now more than ever we need to be holding this elected officials accountable. The politicians are no longer afraid of the repercussions of their actions and that’s become evident enough you’d hope people would notice.

Very well said and I don’t disagree in the least, it just seems like now more than ever we need to be holding this elected officials accountable. The politicians are no longer afraid of the repercussions of their actions and that’s become evident enough you’d hope people would notice.
I don’t live in WA anymore. I do follow a FB page called (Seattle looks like crap) or something along those lines. After seeing what a crap hole that place is becoming, and residents of Seattle still voting these politicians in. All hope is lost in WA when it comes to game management.

Where was all the social media stars? Why were they not pushing this? Shows they are only in it for the $$$ just like the politicians.
I know BHA and Meateater were among national groups that cosigned the petition that got us to this point after the original 2021 vote (reference). Meateater discussed it a few time on the podcast and had Instagram posts about it from Steve and Clay I think back then. I don't follow a lot of other big hunting social media groups though.

Blood Origins, PNWild, Doug Boze and some other smaller people/groups were vocal on social media about it. Definitely didn't get the national hype this time that it did closer to when the whole ordeal started. That's just kinda the way the news cycle works nowadays in any realm.

All the hunting social media influencers in world posting about this wouldn't have changed jack. Inslee appointed three of the "no" votes this year. It's pretty obvious they're falling in line. Some people thought Lehmkuhl could be the swing vote since he's a "hunter" but he's absolutely clueless. Must be an upland hunter. Pretty sure he made a statement to the effect of, "why do we hunt bears during their mating season and not other animals?" I think he also asked why we don't have accurate bear numbers like we do salmon counts from fish ladders. I might be getting the source of all the asinine statements from the anti commissioners mixed up but...there are so many it's hard to keep track.