How & Why I Prefer to use a Cordovan Tab

OP
Ryan K Sanpei
So I got my new tab yesterday and decided to try it out today, I was all over the place. On my last shot I punched myself in the face and nearly dropped my bow. I will be re-learning how to shoot again with this setup.

Nothing wrong with a glove. It just boils down to a personal preference. Guys can out shoot me day in and day out with a glove.

Just find what works best for you.

I thought that it may help me be a bit more accurate by offering me a cleaner release. I was wrong as my release has gotten worse. I think I'll be continuing to use my glove. The system wasn't broke, so I am not sure why I tried to fix it.

Justin, I had the opposite experience when I switched to a tab. I felt it was a much cleaner release but I had only been using a glove for a year or so up to that point after first picking up traditional. I still put the glove in every now and then to see how it feels and it always confirms that I just really feel at home with the tab. Just what is more comfortable to each individual I guess. I'm using a Fred Eichler tab and shoot three under. Works good so far! Good being a relative term... ;)

I started out with a tab, shooting three under as well. The. I moved up in draw weight because it didn't feel like I had control so I switched to a glove. Seven years later I am still using a glove and wanted to try a tab to see if I could shoot better. Short answer is no. So now I have an extra tab if anyone needs one.

I started out with a tab, shooting three under as well. The. I moved up in draw weight because it didn't feel like I had control so I switched to a glove. Seven years later I am still using a glove and wanted to try a tab to see if I could shoot better. Short answer is no. So now I have an extra tab if anyone needs one.

What kind if tab is it?