How To’s on gutless method and evidence of sex - Co

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have a good PDF or something you can take with you into the backcountry for the gutless method and maintaining evidence of sex on the animal - ie attached to 1 hind quarter. Wish I had more experience and didn’t need the extra help but it’d sure be handy to have something to reference when I’m hopefully breaking down an animal in the field. No cell service where I’ll be 😀!

Wrench

WKR
Take a ziploc quart freezer bag with you. Skin the sex organ, keep a small piece of tissue attached and bag the skinned organ.

You can bone the quarter and keep a small piece of hide attached.

I've been stopped and accidentally cut the tissue and they were good with my efforts.

sndmn11

WKR
For deer and pronghorn, I just leave about a 2" wide strip of the hide a foot long that goes to the udder or the scrotum. I can't think of why it would be different for an elk, but I am elk repellant and it has been a long time since I have cut one up.

OP
M

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
For deer and pronghorn, I just leave about a 2" wide strip of the hide a foot long that goes to the udder or the scrotum. I can't think of why it would be different for an elk, but I am elk repellant and it has been a long time since I have cut one up.
Haha! Same boat here but hoping that changes soon! I’m really looking for a PDF type instructional. Probably over thinking it too much but I think it’s be helpful. Lots of videos out there but not much on paper/pdf that I could find

sndmn11

WKR

I prefer to keep 3-4” of the penis. Super easy and clean.
You'll have to show me that. I have visions of pee shooting out.

Ucsdryder

WKR

Right between the hind quarters. It doesn’t look like a penis like you’d imagine. No red rocket. So easy, clean.

OP
M

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider

Thanks! That’s what I’m looking for. I actually found those as well but they were the only ones. Was curious if anyone had others they used/were available?