How to destink baselayer

Looking for some ideas. I have two merino tops that the arm pits smell so bad it'll damn near bring tears to your eyes. I've washed them twice and also did a soke in 50-50 vinegar water so far. What I think happened is I tried a new deodorant called Lume and I believe that's what did it. This is different than the smell you get from some wet merino or the smell after a week long Elk hunt.

Stop wearing deodorant and play the wind right when you hunt elk. All my sweaty merino garments are washed in no scent soap and they are good to go for the next hunting trip.

WYCFM1

WKR
Don’t be a stinky person hence baselayers can’t get stinky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
C
Stop wearing deodorant and play the wind right when you hunt elk. All my sweaty merino garments are washed in no scent soap and they are good to go for the next hunting trip.
I wasn't elk hunting and why not wear deodorant? You make it sound I'm new at this. I tried something new that didn't work and I'm simply looking for suggestions on how to remove the smell.

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not sure it will help with the deodorant residue, but I use Lysol brand laundry disinfectant on my sons (4 of them) running/sports clothing. Most are synthetic, like under armor type, so not sure about wool. It really helps cut the odor. It does leave a floral sent.

I have also added up to 2 cups of vinegar to the wash with the regular dose of detergent when I don’t have the Lysol disinfectant. That seems to work well also. I have not tried this on Wool.

Thanks. -Rufus