How much money do you spend?

madcalfe

WKR
Oh there are hunts/situations that it makes sense (sort of). Don't get me started on what guys spend on a gun. But the guys I'm talking about aren't sheep hunting. I'm talking the 99% of guys "kitted" out for their 1 hunt a year but have the entire KUIU, SITKA, SG, etc catalog in their pack. Most times I'm think "dude...you just shot that Antelope from the road right of way what are the trekking poles for?"
LMAO i know what you mean. Its funny to see those guys.
the only camo stuff I run now is Kuiu Yukon rain gear lol all my camo gear has been sold off and just use solid colors from various hiking brands.

Yoder

WKR
So many people think you can buy skill. I used to see this all the time in pistol competitions. One guy I beat regularly would have a new and more expensive gun a couple times a year. His last gun was close to $5k. I shot a $400 glock and spent the other $4600 on ammo. You need reliable equipment. Getting something that is top tier may improve your situation slightly and looks super cool, but hard work and practice can't be bought.

BWlongbow

Lil-Rokslider
There is something to be said for to the guy that has one gun and one bow and is good at shooting them. I have a friend that has owned one shotgun, one rifle and keeps a bow until it has to be replaced. He spends his money hunting trips and he has hunts a lot.

I spend about $400 a year on nonresident hunting license and deer permit. Whenever I might draw elk again or sheep perhaps, that yearly expenditure would increase. That's about all I spend on hunting related stuff.