How much money do you spend?

WKR

WKR
During the off-season on new gear, upgrading current gear, draw applications, etc....

I haven't really done a total but I know its alot. And I try not to count the draw applications until I know the results but I have around 1300 gaining interest in wyoming and another 3000 in making money for new mexico.

Add that to the new pair of alpha glass, K4 5000 pack, and a complete revamp of my tripod/head/ glassing/shooting set up....man its kinda crazy to think about. I think I have a problem.

Attachments

• 20230404_190738.jpg
    20230404_190738.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 151

Trees91

WKR
I've done pretty good this winter...have most of the gear I need and really don't need to upgrade much. I did buy a new bow though....and archery is a new rabbit hole for me.

I usually spend about $500 on fuel and repairs for elk season. About the same for goose season.

I buy new stuff every 10-15 years. Maybe a new horse every 10-12 years.

I don't count all the trail maintenance costs. Most of that is within 30 miles of the house.

Have co workers make comments to me about how much gear I have for hunting, fishing, and trapping and how I spend most of my time enjoying what I love. My answer usually is that I spend more on my gear and gas than they do raising one of their kids per year😂. Usually those same co workers beg for meat too, but luckily have been getting a few of them to hunt.

During the off-season on new gear, upgrading current gear, draw applications, etc....

I haven't really done a total but I know its alot. And I try not to count the draw applications until I know the results but I have around 1300 gaining interest in wyoming and another 3000 in making money for new mexico.

Add that to the new pair of alpha glass, K4 5000 pack, and a complete revamp of my tripod/head/ glassing/shooting set up....man its kinda crazy to think about. I think I have a problem.
I can assure you that you’re in good company 😉

Gear is a whole separate hobby/entity than hunting, I used to be a lot more practical, but now I want to try everything that interests me in hunting gear. I’m a lot better with fishing gear, though I have many thousands tied up in it too, but I don’t flip fishing rods/reels/waders/tackle… I buy what I need, I just need a lot, haha

Hunting gear I just like testing… maybe it’s because I spend a lot of days in the woods that aren’t as purpose driven, and days on the river are always purpose driven. What I do know is I could spend a whole lot less without it having any impact whatsoever on my success, but I like spending money on hunting gear to check out… even weapons, I like trying everything.

Luckily I have a patient wife, and don’t spend money on anything else in general… maybe I just have a shopping addiction but hide it with hunting gear… that can’t be ruled out 😂

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a Ruger guide gun in 338wm, but its unusual for me. I only bought this rifle because my other 338 is a pre64 model 70 and last year was hard on it..Normally it's fuel and food for my hunt. I've acquired enough gear over the years to last my lifetime. I don't need the latest and greatest to be comfortable. But jetboat and wheelers and several tents and other gear have added up to several thousand but it's been spread out over 30 plus years.