How long before 7PRC ammo is readily available?

I think we will so a ton of ammo over the next 6-12 months... and other ammo manufacturers surely will be joining the fight soon.

Sigh... if only Tikka would release their roughtek in a 7 PRC...

bmart2622

WKR
Hornady stuff is available daily now. Id like to see some other companies get on board and start making bullets and components

bmart2622

WKR
Thats good, Id like to see what if anything other companies offer for bullets, limited to Hornady and Bergers if you want to shoot heavies, which isnt bad but more options is always better

TxLite

WKR
FYI I would be careful with the factory Hornady Ammo. They’ve been having pressure issues with 7prc in quite a few rifles, including mine. Buddy sent me this pic earlier today. It sounds like they some quality issues they need to figure out.

CED892AA-1AD1-45EE-A74A-C1B81A58B0DB.jpeg

bmart2622

WKR
Thats interesting, I actually had a Hornady factory round blow the primer out of the case in my Ultra mag

TxLite

WKR
Thats interesting, I actually had a Hornady factory round blow the primer out of the case in my Ultra mag
I had 7prc precision hunters that were giving me stiff bolt lift and ejector marks. Seen quite a few people that have had the same issue

Interesting... I noticed 2-3 rounds out of my 50-60 with heavy bolt lift and extractor marks...

Christensen got a bad rap early on for chamber issues... but I bet it was mostly ammo related. I thought I had a chronograph issue because a couple were 50 or so FPS higher than the others...

Definitely a good thing to watch for!

MAP1

Lil-Rokslider
I was told by a custom builder who knows more than I do that it takes 2 years after release until others can start producing ammo?

bmart2622

WKR
Thats interesting, Ive never heard that before. Id like to see Nosler come out with an Accubond in the 175 range, a 175 Terminal Ascent would be pretty awesome too

TxLite

WKR
I had it happen several times with the 7mm-08 superformance in my AR10. Ended up just pulling all the bullets in the remaining 3 boxes I had. The factory ammo in my 7 prc gave me stiff bolt lift and ejector marks but no blown primers