Sold How bad do you want to hunt Wyoming general elk in 2023? -points share opportunity-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 9 nonresident points and I’m willing to apply as a party with another hunter. Draw odds in 2022 in the regular price general elk where 100% with 4. Here’s the stipulation, you pay for my tag and I’ll share my points with you. Once the tags are drawn, you go your way and I’ll go mine. If there’s any interest, please send me a private message.

Edit to add-There is nothing illegal about this. I confirmed with the G&P office before I made it available. If you’re inclined to know why, send me a message.

Last edited:

wyo

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pretty sure what you are suggesting is illegal since Wyoming preference points cannot be sold or transferred. At best, it is an egregious misuse of our party app system. Also interesting that you perceive a value of around $175/PP?

Edited to add: If this is a common practice among non-residents, and I hope it isn't, I would suggest not advertising your scheme on a public hunting forum.

GoBig

FNG
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This happens and is being done in all states that allow points to be averaged. Colorado being a state that doesn't average points in the party, so it doesn't work there. In Arizona with point guard a guy can do this twice.

cgasner1

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May not be illegal but seems sketchy who is giving up the good first your points or the money someone has to be trusting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While I am not interested in the OP's offer, this type of situation seems like potentially the only somewhat economical way a newer non resident with 0 points would be able to hunt certain states/animals due to point runaway, no? Sorry if I'm wrong, still learning and this is meant as a question, not an assertion.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You really ought to be punished for selling outside the classifieds.
Instead I'll move it there myself.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Ten Bears

WKR
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
the more people burning the points the better. clear them out.

heck I wish there was a multistate exchange where we could trade and sell points. might be a decent solution to point creep.

good luck with finding a match.

OP
P

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically this isn’t “sold” but it has been resolved. Thanks for everyone’s interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.