Hot weather boot?

MHWASH

WKR
Looking for a boot when it's warm and dry. Something that's breathable but still appropriate for rugged off trail hiking. This year for our spring bear trip the weather was in the upper 80's so my feet swampy the whole trip. Obviously being water proof is not a concern.

Chuckybmd

WKR
I sometimes bring a pair of keen Targhee boots for such endeavors. Seems like if I’m sitting over bait or not hiking too hard they are reasonable choice. that being said, I did wear them on a early season archery elk hunt and got some nasty blisters. I can wear them almost anywhere else and be fine.

JNDEER

WKR
Sadly there is not a huge market for this kind of product and the choices are limited.

The wildland fire boots are one route (although for me personally they are too hot). They are usually full leather, non-waterproof and stiff. Just google wildand fire boot for the options out there.

There are a few companies that make a highly breathable boot - but they are not for serious off trail hiking (generally speaking) Vasque Breeze, Merrell moab, solomon use to make one but I don't see it anymore. Lowa use to make one as well but demand just isn't there to keep them in production I guess.

I currently use Lowa Innox (non-waterproof) and the older vasque breeze and breeze 2.0 (non-waterproof) for early season HOT weather hunting. I tried full leather boots and LL leather boots and they are just too hot for me.

IF you find something out there post it up, I am always on the hunt for the best HOT weather boot.

nobody

WKR
Jim Green Razorback. All leather hand made boots from Africa, made specifically to be used by the rangers in the African bush. No gore tex line or anything, just a really solid warm and dry weather leather boot. Come in multiple colors.

I don’t have the razorbacks, but I wear their African Ranger Model every day. My red wings gather dust now, the Jim greens are superior in every way.

EDIT: Just make sure you replace the stock insoles. Trust me…

Last edited:

crrakcrrak

Lil-Rokslider
Dans hip boots with Muck boot lowers are the most comfortable, durable ones out there. I wear them in the sweltering heat and sometimes forget that I have them on. They area also available with lacrosse lowers. I never tried those.
They may seem to be on the pricey side, but you will wear the soles off of them before you ever ruin the uppers. I trap year round and have gotten 3 or more years out them. I have been using them for over 15 years and have only bought three pair in that time. The denier fabric uppers are very likely snake proof, They are certainly greenbrier-proof.

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Lot of options in hot weather military boots. Any of the tan or coyote colored models with vent holes are where its at.

Danner Rivot tfx is pretty comfortable. Breathes really good.
Any marine expeditionary boot if need something beefier but I think they dont breathe quite as well.

cheeks

FNG
Yeah they take a little to get used to, but you can still cinch them tight. Since they’re a military boot they can’t have open hooks to potentially snag and trip you.