Hornady 6.5 PRC Match 147 ELD-M ammo Reviews

I reload but I'm moving so all my reloading stuff is packed away for the next couple weeks. I got a new Bergara HMR 6.5 PRC that Ive shot a few boxes of Precision Hunter and got nice groupings and based off shooting to 500 yards, the listed speeds are pretty close out of my new rifle. I ordered a couple boxes of the Match ammo. Anyone found the factory Match ammo to be consistent? Ultimately I am saving the brass for reloading and breaking in the barrel at the same time. If the Match ammo is good, I might get a few more boxes.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very consistent and very accurate in my rifle. But it is a tikka.
Also a GREAT hunting bullet.
I've had the same issue in that I just can't reload in my present living arrangement but I'm really not sure I could do any better than the factory.

Randy

MTtrout

WKR
Cannot comment on the consistency of factory 147 ELD M ammo but for what it’s worth, my reloads are around .5 MOA with that bullet out of my 6.5 PRC. It’s a new gun and have killed one animal so far this year, caribou at 289 yards. Not to sure on what to make of the bullet though as it hit double lung slightly quartering away and stopped just by the offside elbow area. It did it’s job for sure but the amount of expansion it had was a bit concerning to me.