Homemade arrows?

Does anyone hunt with their own arrows they’ve made from scratch? do you have pics and videos?

Beendare

WKR
Ive known a lot of bowhunters over the decades…and nobody I know has the time for that. Many make their arrows from wood and carbon shafts.

There are primitive archers that do it along with knapping their own BHs…a couple on youtube

Titan_Bow

WKR
I haven’t in a long time. It’s a lot of work. When I lived in South Carolina I made arrows for my self bow from local river cane. There was also a lot of guys on tradgang at the time making them out of Martha Stewart branded bamboo tomato stakes lol. I’ve also made them out of straight grained Douglas Fir boards. Rip squares staying with the grain, and then take a small plane and start knocking corners off and lots of sanding until it’s the right diameter.
I really just don’t have the time nowadays to invest, so shoot carbon out of my recurve and just buy premium wood shafts for my longbows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F
I haven’t in a long time. It’s a lot of work. When I lived in South Carolina I made arrows for my self bow from local river cane. There was also a lot of guys on tradgang at the time making them out of Martha Stewart branded bamboo tomato stakes lol. I’ve also made them out of straight grained Douglas Fir boards. Rip squares staying with the grain, and then take a small plane and start knocking corners off and lots of sanding until it’s the right diameter.
I really just don’t have the time nowadays to invest, so shoot carbon out of my recurve and just buy premium wood shafts for my longbows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s awesome though, it must feel very satisfying to shoot an animal with your own arrows you’ve made