Holster for Kifaru belt

Dodgeis4me

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Springfield xd 45 and xds 45, and would like to find a holster that would attach to the belt of my Kifaru bikini belt. any suggestions?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use the military flap holster for my glock20 roughly the same size. Its a fairly flexible system quickly attaches/ detaches to a belt can also change from a flap to thumb releas. Best part is price tag for a used one.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
db271ea1665c64b76de424e71c691b07.jpg

Been running this holster for 5 years. Blackhawk holster with a strike plate.

gelton

WKR
db271ea1665c64b76de424e71c691b07.jpg

Been running this holster for 5 years. Blackhawk holster with a strike plate.

Is this on the actual belt? My belt on my duplex only has 1 row of webbing not two. As a result carrying on the belt sucks but I really like your setup. Looks like it would work better for me to run that setup on the side of the bag but wondering if that would inhibit being able to easily draw it.

To the op - I carried a springfield armory XD 40 last year by running the single webbing on the belt through the original holster that came with the XD.

BUT

It sucked. Luckily I thought ahead of time to put masking tape over the barrel because every time you take off the pack the first thing that hits the ground is the gun barrel, also was able to get flipped around etc, when the belt is off because without the tension on the belt it would get flimsy and loose. Luckily the XD's are built like a tank because I put it through hell.

I will either be using a setup like Ryans (my belt is different than his so may have to rig it on the webbing on the side of the T1 rather than the belt) or going with a drop down thigh holster this year.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Is this on the actual belt? My belt on my duplex only has 1 row of webbing not two. As a result carrying on the belt sucks but I really like your setup. Looks like it would work better for me to run that setup on the side of the bag but wondering if that would inhibit being able to easily draw it.

To the op - I carried a springfield armory XD 40 last year by running the single webbing on the belt through the original holster that came with the XD.

BUT

It sucked. Luckily I thought ahead of time to put masking tape over the barrel because every time you take off the pack the first thing that hits the ground is the gun barrel, also was able to get flipped around etc, when the belt is off because without the tension on the belt it would get flimsy and loose. Luckily the XD's are built like a tank because I put it through hell.

I will either be using a setup like Ryans (my belt is different than his so may have to rig it on the webbing on the side of the T1 rather than the belt) or going with a drop down thigh holster this year.

You have a matrix belt from Kifaru. I have one on my Bikini frame. It still works. I just run a zip tie from the bottom loop of the strike plate to the belt to stabilize the holster.

danarnold

WKR

BUT

I'm with you on the it sucked part!, I carry the heat so when I drop my pack and haul ass I still have my heatpack out.jpg

gelton

WKR
Nice setup...damn though, by the time I have my pack, my FHF bino holster and a rig like yours I will feel too much like robo cop to be able to enjoy myself...too much stuff for me (would have to drop the bino harness for it to work with my setup). I have entertained a holster on my shoulder strap but think the GIF is just talking to me.

gelton

WKR
You have a matrix belt from Kifaru. I have one on my Bikini frame. It still works. I just run a zip tie from the bottom loop of the strike plate to the belt to stabilize the holster.

Full Definition of JERRY-RIGGED
: organized or constructed in a crude or improvised manner <a jerry–rigged plan>
See jerry–rigged defined for English-language learners

Nuke Man

WKR
I am currently working with a holster manufacturer for this purpose. I didn't want a holster that only attached to the pack belt for situations when I dropped my pack. The rig is going to go on your pants belt and drop from there but not have to have a strap around your thigh. We are also working on a rifle butt holster that attaches to the molle on the pack. I feel it will be sturdier than using the belt pouches to put the rifle butt in. When I get them in I will report how well they work out.

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
I have run the Blackhawk holster with both a paddle setup and a belt setup with a Springfield XDM on a kifaru pack. If you have the velcro-backed strap instead of two rows of molles such as on the ku packs, either of these work. The molle setup looks a little more solid, but not sure what you do when you drop your pack. With the belt adapter, I pull the holster off the pack belt and transfer it to my pants belt. You may also want to check out G-Code holsters & accessories http://www.tacticalholsters.com/mm5/merchant.mvc . They have some nice setups that would work well both on the pack and if you drop the pack and still want the gun on your person.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Full Definition of JERRY-RIGGED
: organized or constructed in a crude or improvised manner <a jerry–rigged plan>
See jerry–rigged defined for English-language learners

Yes sir!

I rarely have my pack off and if I do its within easy reach. So its a non issue for me.

dotman

WKR
As soon as Kifaru offered the Bikini belt with the double row of pals I upgraded my belt. Makes carrying a pistol much much more comfortable. I copied Ryan's setup recently :) very secure setup.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
As soon as Kifaru offered the Bikini belt with the double row of pals I upgraded my belt. Makes carrying a pistol much much more comfortable. I copied Ryan's setup recently :) very secure setup.

They do make it now.