Hogs

Honyock

WKR
Out of curiosity, would you be open to letting people hunt your land to help clear them out a bit? Assuming they abide by any rules and limitations you set of course
I hunt them and my nephews have night hunted them. The issue with trying to control them with hunting is it’s not that effective. You kill one and another sow has six piglets and now you have five more. We spent quite a bit of time with the wildlife department and they feel that the only effective way to eradicate them is to trap the whole sounder. If you use a small trap you trap one or two and the rest of them get educated and stay away from the trap. Pigs are very intelligent. We use a circle pen with a remote control door. Dump corn in the middle, watch the camera and wait until the whole sounder is in it and close the gate. Sunday night we caught 6 adults and 10 piglets in one trap. If I could figure out how to post a video I would show you. IMG_8133.jpeg

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I hunt them and my nephews have night hunted them. The issue with trying to control them with hunting is it’s not that effective. You kill one and another sow has six piglets and now you have five more. We spent quite a bit of time with the wildlife department and they feel that the only effective way to eradicate them is to trap the whole sounder. If you use a small trap you trap one or two and the rest of them get educated and stay away from the trap. Pigs are very intelligent. We use a circle pen with a remote control door. Dump corn in the middle, watch the camera and wait until the whole sounder is in it and close the gate. Sunday night we caught 6 adults and 10 piglets in one trap. If I could figure out how to post a video I would show you. View attachment 692562
My timber consultant uses one of these and does the same thing, only difference is the whole ring is suspended in the air:

Honyock

WKR
My timber consultant uses one of these and does the same thing, only difference is the whole ring is suspended in the air:

They definitely work. We back up a trailer, load them up and sell them to a high fence place. Try to recoup some of the money they’ve ate out of our protein feeders and turkey feeders.

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
Similar set up. Circle trap with a standard drop gate. Run the feeder in it for a week then set the trigger.

Attachments

• IMG_8269.jpeg
    IMG_8269.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 7

204_ruger

FNG
Sometimes it's hard to keep them out of my coyote traps. The one picture with just a leg. Only thing the coyotes left. I went thru resetting some traps. Right before dark. Was back at daylight. Caught the hog during the night sometime. Coyotes killed the hog. And eat everything but the leg. The live pig was caught in the same set . Just a few days later.The place is a 5000 acre hunting club. Overrun with hogs and coyotes. I caught 53 coyotes off it.

Attachments

• 1000001742.jpg
    1000001742.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 1000001743.jpg
    1000001743.jpg
    549.6 KB · Views: 5