Hoffman Pac boots - boot / sole suggestions

B

Brando'

I'm trying to decide if I need the regular lug or the claw lug sole. I am / may be purchasing a pair of the unlined pac's to wear during warmer weather. I'm a forester and when its wet the landings, skid trails, roads, everything turns to thick mud. My leather boots take a real beating. I won't wear muck boots because I'm in the mountains and need something to lace up for the steep terrain. Muck boots have too much slop.

I already have the Hoffman pro thins with the claw lug. They are great but it has to be really cold to wear them (I actually don't really need them, wish I would have bought the unlined to start with). But I can't find any info about the differences of the two sole types. Anyone have experience with the regular sole? And advantages of one over the other?

Also, if anyone has any better footwear suggestions for spring, summer, and fall seasons that meet my needs I'm all ears. Like I said, leather boots (with waterproof liners) really take a beating on those wet days with all the muck caking on. I can't wear muck boots because there is too much slop to hike the steep terrain for hours, days, etc. The only real compromise I can think of is the unlined pac boot. Thoughts?

ezwy

FNG
Did you ever find anything out. I’m debating these same soles right now. I’m getting the lined ones and wondering if the claw lug is worth extra money.